SENIOR WIRELINE (LEAD) FIELD OPERATOR< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
To rig up and rig down wireline equipment at location with no supervision, run Hoist Operations with no supervision, and lead & train less experienced riggers. Operate all truck mounted hydraulic cranes. Operate and maintain all pressure control systems, all positive dump bailer systems and all knock-out tools. Maintain all wireline fishing tools.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must be able to pre-load job with no supervision.
Rig up and rig down wireline equipment.
Assist wireline supervisor during operations.
Make up tool string with no supervision.
Keep all wireline equipment cleaned and maintained.
Must be able to repair and maintain wireline equipment with no supervision.
Required to maintain a CDL Class B driver's license with Hazmat endorsement.
Maintain Industry explosives training annually.
Must be able to complete job tickets, summaries, and all other necessary paperwork.
Maintain neat housekeeping.
Operate all truck mounted hydraulic cranes.
Operate and maintain all pressure control systems. 5K,10K & 15K.
Operate and maintain all positive dump bailer systems.
Operate and maintain knock-out tools.
Maintain all wireline fishing tools.
Assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
Available on a 24-hour call basis to respond to customer needs.
Must be able to complete all Weatherford/Industry Required Safety Training.
Must follow all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Understand basic mathematics
- Understand basic principles of electricity
- Knowledge of windows based systems
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- High School Diploma or GED
- Commercial Driver’s Licence (CDL) with Hazardous Materials endorsement or equivalent
- Level 1 & 2 Wireline Field Operator Competent
- Experience and/or certificates for Radiation, Explosives and Pressure Control.
- Previous 3-4 Years of Wireline experience
- Available 24/7 with scheduled days off
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Ability to perform under time constraints
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
Good training and mentoring skills
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.