ALS Branch Manager, Bonnyville, Alberta< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 100 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 31,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Manages all Branch operations in accordance with company procedures. Plans, organizes, directs and controls all of the Branch operations as well as staff recruitment and development. This also includes the effective and efficient control of inventory levels; maximization of revenue opportunities; and the development of strong external customer relations and contacts as a means of growing the business. Ensures all health and safety regulations are strictly followed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, organizing, directing and controlling all Branch operations on day to day basis.
- Ensuring that established Branch, Business Unit, and company policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensuring all health safety, security and environmental requirements are understood and followed by all Branch employees adopting a safety first philosophy.
- Maintaining and growing the business through relationship building with both existing and first time customers and facilitating the sales from these contacts.
- Responsible for overseeing monthly service shop P and L ( profit and loss) to ensure profitability to acceptable level as determined by Senior Management
- Effectively representing Weatherford Canada at various functions, being an ambassador for the company
- Building trust with employees and establishing means of developing teamwork as a way of doing business.
- Facilitating new employee orientation and expectations
- Controlling Branch operating costs and inventories in compliance with Business Unit objectives
- Supporting company goals & objectives and leading continuous improvement processes, procedural , and quality improvement initiatives as a means of conducting business
- Delivering and supporting budgeted quarterly Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and the subsequent development of a plan on how to meet these objectives.
- Providing progress reports on Branch performance to respective Field Operations Manager.
- Developing and communicating clearly defined goals and objectives for employees as part of an ongoing performance management/ employee evaluation and appraisal process.
- Facilitating regular business meetings to keep employees abreast of business results and progress to date.
- Developing regular forecasting plans relating to future financial performance of the Branch.
- Recruiting, supervising , mentoring and motivating employees as well as retaining experience
- Ongoing succession planning to support future growth and Branch activities.
- Approving necessary documentation related to purchasing and operating procedures
- Responsibility for overall quality control and quality assurance (checking for accuracy).
- Overseeing the maintenance of Branch Weatherford vehicle fleet in accordance with established company policies and Provincial Department of Transport standards.
- Education: A minimum of grade 12 or equivalent is required however; preference may be given to those who are graduates from a Post Secondary Institution with a diploma in a Petroleum related or business/ commerce discipline.
- Knowledge/Experience: Combined 5 to 10 years of related oil and gas experience including supervisory and sales experience along with in depth knowledge of the local industry in the community and the associated customers. Oil and gas production operations experience, including knowledge of artificial lift systems (progressing cavity pumping systems; reciprocating rod lift systems; Gas Lift, Hydraulic Lift, and Plunger Lift systems) is required.
- Skills: A working knowledge of computer operating systems such as MS office and JD Edwards or other enterprise systems is required. Well rounded career and knowledge of Weatherford products.
- Personal Suitability: The ideal will be a proven performer and leader with the ability to convince customers that Weatherford should be their chosen supplier. Excellent interpersonal skills and outgoing personality with the ability and flexibility to effectively relate to people in a wide range of different settings and environment.
- Class 5 operator’s license as travel throughout the Branch region will be required.
- Demonstrated leader with excellent interpersonal/ management skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated understanding of budgetary process and fiscal responsibility requirements
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.