Pump Shop Tech, Macklin, SK< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 100 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 31,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Pump Techs are responsible for repairing, refurbishing, and testing Progressing Cavity Pumps according to customer and company specifications in the oilfield sector.Prior Oilfield experience is preferred however this could also be an excellent entry level position for a mechanically inclined candidate, with on the job training being provided.
The successful candidate will become familiar with procedures and operations to become proficient and competent, progressing toward working in an unsupervised environment.
- Depending on level of experience, candidates will initially work under supervision (on the job training) with an experienced employee, achieving competency on basic job tasks/ set instructions or procedures in the shop relating to assembling, dis-assembling and testing of pumps to both WFT and external customer specifications.
- Compliance with all Weatherford safety regulations and company policies
- Orientation and learning how to safely operate various equipment associated with position
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness
- Ensuring that the work completed meets manufacturer's specifications and legislated regulations.
- Aware of all safe operating procedures for any piece of equipment being operated.
- Ability to work independently with no or minimal supervision and ability to deal with customers as required relating to servicing of equipment.
- Ability to work overtime hours, as workload requires.
- Subsequent delivery and pick up of pumps on customer location as required
- Prior assembly or oilfield experience an asset, but not required
- Valid class 5 operators license with a clean abstract
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Capability of working overtime
- Quality first attitude
- Familiarity with work process and ability to anticipate the next step
- Safety minded individual, willingness and commitment to receiving both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Attention to detail
- Being able to work as part of a team in a team atmosphere
- Successful completion of drug and physical testing
- High School Diploma or GED
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, a health spending account , matching RRSP contributions, and opportunities for on-going training and career development.