Shop Technician - Bonnyville, AB< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Weatherford Canada Ltd. is currently looking for a Shop Technician to work for our Drilling Tools (Rentals) division in Bonnyville, AB. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining various equipment
- Assisting mechanics as instructed by Shop Manger
- Communicating to Supervisor any unsafe working conditions that are observed and adhere to safe working procedures
- Parts delivery and pick up as required
- Learning and performing equipment maintenance and repairs as assigned
- Actively participating in all safety meetings
- Performing shop housekeeping and general duties as assigned in a safe manner while following procedures to ensure job specifications are met
- Perform overtime and on-call rotation as required
- High School Diploma or GED; equivalent work experience will be considered
- Mechanically inclined
- Rig experience an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 1 – 2 years related industry experience an asset
- Safety oriented
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Valid driver’s license and a clean abstract
- Positive attitude and the ability to interact and perform successfully within a team environment
- Self-starter working with limited supervision
- Able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to perform overtime and on-call rotation as required
This position is considered a safety sensitive position and qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol Test.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.