Service Technician Gas Lift - Grande Prairie, AB< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain customer relationships with clients in the area
- Provide technical support to the sales team regarding gaslift Systems
- Commissioning, start up and optimization of new gaslift wells in the area
- Follow up and optimization of ongoing projects ensuring products are achieving best results possible.
- Technical support to the all customers regarding Weatherford Gaslift
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of company vehicle.
- Have a base knowledge of wireline operations and be able to provide suggestions when having wireline issues
- Familiar with all safety regulations pertaining to our operations and adapting to other regulations depending on the area of work (BC, NWT)
- Familiar with inventory management and billing ensuring all parts are accounted for and billed.
- Have good working knowledge of all gaslift parts and tools
- Be able to troubleshoot and offer advice on the optimization of gaslift wells
- Startup of gaslift wells properly and as per program
- Have a sound technical knowledge of gaslift systems and how they work
- Capable of setting up gaslift valves in the shop
- Setting valves in mandrels and hydro testing
- Capable of rebuild and repair of kick over tools
- Running of mandrels and keeping a pipe tally setting mandrels at appropriate depth as required
- Provide support and advice to clients in regards to all gaslift ops including but not limited to wireline, start up, optimization and equipment.
- Familiar with separation and production facilities
- Able to oversee lease planning and equipment utilization ensuring cost efficiency to the customer
- Work with various testing groups ensuring smooth handover on welltest and frac fluid recovery ops
- Comfortable with working in a service rig and snubbing environment and keeping a pipe tally to ensure proper spaceout of gaslift mandrels.
- Ideal candidate will possess either Plunger Lift, Tool Hand, Well Production or Optimization experience
- Knowledge of Wireline tools & service an asset
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing
- Good customer service skills
- Have intermediate computer skills
- Capability of working overtime, weekends or on call
- Quality first attitude
- Safety minded individual, willingness and commitment to receiving both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Attention to detail
- Grade 12 or equivalent
*This position is considered a safety sensitive position and qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pre-employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol Testing.*
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.