AREA CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Monitor and supervise the project team composition, design, development, and construction phases within Weatherford’s organization. Manage the planning, design and execution of projects by providing leadership, communication, coordination, budgetary estimates and spend as well as timing to ensure project goals are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee projects from initiation through construction completion. Responsible for project budget, schedule and procurement of design and construction services. Manage all aspects of the project to achieve expected functionality. Primary liaison for all project and stakeholder resources. Manage expectations, resolve conflicts and facilitate decisions.
· Travel 3-5 days per week to job sites to monitor progress of projects and resolve any real estate and / or construction issues which may arise for assigned projects.
· Assist Stakeholders with identifying the scope of work for construction and
· development projects for their facilities.
· Assist with preparing and generating AFE approvals for Construction projects; Administer the bid submittal process with contractors, selecting contractor, negotiate, draft contract with collaboration from risk, legal and other departments and see through to execution and monitoring performance of contractor throughout project. Manage Requests for Change Orders and Change Orders.
· File timely report status and progress of projects relative to timeline and scope.
· Collect certificate of occupancies, copies of as built drawings, permits and all necessary construction related documents.
· Assist with site selection analysis for real property based on collaborative efforts with internal clients regarding analysis on distance to market served, proximity of labor force and economic development incentives.
· Assist with due diligence process for real property acquisitions and divestitures with departments including but not limited to: Risk, QHSSE, Legal, Finance, Accounting, and IT
· Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
· Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
· Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
· Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
· Be knowledgeable of historical and typical costs and prepare budget estimates for Scope of Work to assist Stakeholders with justifying projects.
· Have knowledge of construction means and methods relative to the work typically required by Weatherford.
· Be knowledgeable of historical and typical costs for budget estimates
· Have knowledge of construction means and methods.
· Must have experience in interpretation of AIA Architectural, Engineering and construction agreements, AIA contracts, consultant agreements
· Must have prior experience with current safety regulations and environmental issues as they apply to new construction or addition to existing company Owned/Leased structures.
· Computer – Microsoft Windows
· Software – Excel, Word, Outlook, Project and AutoCAD
· 4-year degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering
· 4 – 6 years of experience in construction, development and/or project management .
· Industrial and oil related experience is a plus.
· Negotiation skills
· PMI Certification
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.