NEXTGEN- WCP< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is currently recruiting university graduates for field engineer traineeships in multiple locations. As a university graduate, you will be given the knowledge, tools, and mentorship needed to create a successful career through a variety of talent development programs, including formal training to develop and enhance technical and non-technical, individual, and business acumen skill sets. For example, graduate engineers who qualify for our NextGen program – a five-year leadership development program that is designed to accelerate technical and soft-skill development to prepare one for future leadership positions. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, while making a real impact on the job. The current product lines hiring for NextGen field engineers are Wireline, Completions, Drilling Services and Artificial Lift Systems.
As a field engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing reliable, prompt, and courteous service to Weatherford's customers on a 24-hour basis.
- Isolating and solving complex problems on the job site with the assistance of our technical support groups;
- Personal career development through external and internal technical and non-technical training;
- You will be required to work in an outdoor setting for extended hours; at times, extreme climates.
- Must be in the process of completing a Bachelor’s degree by May 2018 or have completed Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Geoscience.
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors and in remote locations for extended periods.
- Must be willing to potentially relocate / rotate to different locations every 6 months to 1 year for the first three years of the program.
- Mechanical interest and inclination
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer and problem solving skills
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to pass a drug, background and motor vehicle screening
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS