TRS LAB TECHNICIAN I< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Drilling and Well Installation Services, Senior Jam Lab technician to trouble shoot problems in all aspects of Jam equipment and systems. This includes but is not limited to IS 2000, JamPro, Overdrive Casing Make-up Tork sub System. In accordance with approved industry standards, Quality Procedures, Safety Guidelines and within the scope of the Technicians qualifications and competencies, This position also requires running of the Jam Lab on a daily bases keeping control of Jam Lab stock and inventory maintaining service records and Quality Procedures and accurately complete and maintain reports. Provide training for offshore personnel on the use of Jam systems.
- Ensure that the operating systems for the Jam systems are functional in order to provide the client with quality equipment, in compliance with Weatherford Mediterranea Spa quality procedures and safety guidelines
- Repair and maintain all, Weatherford Jam systems, Overdrive Casing Make-up Tork sub Systems on location allowing for service quality as per company work instructions and procedures and client requirements.
- Complete submit and control maintenance reports on all Jam equipment that has been maintained.
- Maintain work area in a clean and safe manner at all times to prevent incidents/accidents. Responsible for QHSE within the area of accountability ensuring all personnel and contractors carry out work in a safe manner using all recommended protective equipment.
- Ensure that cranes, forklifts and other vehicles are operated safely and daily inspections are carried out.
- Where necessary train and supervise personnel on the use of Jam systems, Weatherford Overdrive Casing Make-up Tork sub System ensuring full compliance with all relevant safety and quality procedures.
- Assist other departments in meeting their goals and objectives and to maintain a constant and effective level of communication with internal and external customers.
- Maintain clear and concise records of all maintenance undertaking to ensure traceability of work carried out on equipment.
- To undertake maintenance functions in an efficient and cost effective manner, including gauging wear and tear of equipment ensuring it is fit for purpose and in compliance with company work instructions and procedures.
- To ensure company quality system are implemented by following work instructions and procedures to enable traceability and compliance with company and industry standards.
- Accurately complete and maintain maintenance and job reports during operations in compliance with Weatherford Offshore Tubular Work Instructions.
- Follow the agreed QHSE processes.
- Maintain and control all stock hydraulic and electrical spares items which should be stored in the Jam Lab.
- During busy periods assist as part of the crew offshore TRS operations.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and effective manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are deemed competent and capable.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Responsible and accountable for Health & Safety of crew and offshore persons of crew
- The employee is responsible for both their own safety and for the safety of others
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT INFORMATION ABOUT JOB
A requirement for this position may involve occasional overseas travel and assistance during TRS offshore operations. A full driving licence is required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Educated to HNC Electronic discipline. Mechanical or Hydraulic background.
- Advanced PC Skills (Programming languages)
- Proficient in English
- Drive License
- PLC controller experienced
- PC Programming languages
- English mother tongue
- Experience in fault finding mechanical/hydraulic equipment.
- 3 years field experience in Drilling / Running and operating rotating equipment.
- Minimum 2 years post apprenticeship in mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Demonstrate experience in one or more of the following:
- IS 2000 Jam system, JamPro system Tork sub system
- Demonstrate knowledge of electronic systems.
- Good organisational skills
- Trouble shooting skills
- Good communication skills – written, verbal and listening
- Being Proactive
- Experienced in communication with installation and client management.
- Knowledge of one or more Weatherford product lines.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of oilfield equipment.