Wellhead Technical Sales Representative (Drilling Tools) - Calgary, AB< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
The Wellhead Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for managing company customer accounts relating to the sale of Weatherford products and services for the Drilling Tools/Rentals group. Tasks include establishing and maintaining relationships with multiple levels and functions in the customers' organization, managing the sales call process within the assigned territory, identifying and qualifying Weatherford Canada opportunities and involving the appropriate resources to execute these opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Establishes, maintains and manages effective business relationships at both the functional and executive levels; must be able to articulate the value Weatherford Canada can bring to the client/customer
- Identifies and qualifies Drilling Tools opportunities based on understanding of an organization's business and strategic direction and profitability to Weatherford Canada
- Works in conjunction with Area/Operations Management on bid evaluation and develops proposals and for qualified sales opportunities including completing financial analysis, cost/benefit assessment and pricing methodologies to make recommendations to the customer and ensure competitive bid submission for the Product Line
- Manages 'Sales Process' including territory plans, target accounts, opportunity management process, and account planning
- Manages contract negotiation and renewal process working in conjunction with internal support organizations
- Works collaboratively with Weatherford Canada internal support organizations to establish a cohesive working relationship and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Meets or exceeds required sales targets as specified in goal sheet
- Responsible for outstanding accounts receivable for items over 50 days
- Keeps current on relevant strategic technologies and trends; continually develops industry knowledge by participating in key industry events/conferences, reading trade journals, participating in vendors' training programs and taking advantage of external education as appropriate
- Previous Wellhead and technical sales and drilling rig experience with a focus on solution-based selling strategies
- Highly developed selling, communication, customer relations, negotiating and decision making skills, normally acquired through substantial industry experience
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products
- Proven ability to deliver on aggressive individual sales quota, increase market share by acquiring net new customers and grow revenues in existing accounts
- Experience writing and understanding complex proposals
- Established senior level contacts within the industry
- Extensive knowledge of Oil & Gas industry, marketplace trends and key indicators
- Ability to prepare and deliver clear, effective presentations in a variety of formal settings at multiple levels within the customer's organization
- Valid drivers license and abstract in good standing
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.