SYSTEMS ANALYST - RTDS S/W DEV< Back To Job Listing
- Strives to obtain a functional understanding of Weatherford operational requirements for any development task.
- Estimate or assist in estimation of software modules to be developed.
- Collaborates with other team mates to organize the team and the work to be performed
- Develops and assists in the design of high quality software, both new development and maintenance development, in a manner consistent with best practices and in adherence to Weatherford and team software development guidelines, rules, processes, and practices.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other internal and external team members to solve business and technical problems
- Performs unit tests on all software developed and, where possible, produces automated unit tests or testing scripts to aid in future development and regression testing
- Documents software development in an appropriate manner consistent with Weatherford guidelines.
- Follows Weatherford guidelines related to the protection of intellectual property and avoiding unwarranted entanglement in non-Weatherford intellectual property
- Records progress towards completion of tasks within the sprint, including actual effort and expected remaining effort
- Learns new skills and areas of knowledge as required to assist in completion of tasks committed to for the sprint.
- 5+ years of software development experience (core language: Java) in an Agile environment
- At least 5 years front end experience (HTML5, CSS3, Less…) developing responsive designed applications
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability application development required
- Strong database skills, preferable experience using PostgreSQL
- Experience developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), and APIs (Service-oriented architectures)
- Use object-oriented design (OOD) patterns for separation of concerns, code reusability, security and performance
- Familiarity with web service delivery stacks, preferable experience using nginx
- Experience with virtualization technologies, preferable experience using Docker
- Knowledge of actor model, akka actor and systems that need large scale data processing
- Familiarity with source control, build, and deployment tools.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS