FIELD TECHNICIAN< Back To Job Listing
The Field Technician, focused on applying/supervising engineering best practices on field operations related with Secure Drilling Services, this includes Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD), MicrofluxTM Control System (MFC), Underbalanced Drilling (UBD), Air Drilling (AD), Rotating Control Devices (RCD) and Downhole Deployment Valve (DDV). This person is responsible for implementing the basis of design and recommendations from the planning phase created by the Project Engineers and to coach Junior Field Technician.
The Technician will work closely with the subsurface disciplines, well systems and regulatory agencies to develop the safest and most efficient plans to drill a well using the SDS specific technique or product. The MFC Field Technician will work under the supervision of the Technical Manager or Project Engineers.
COMPETENCIES: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in engineering or other field related to the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of drilling and well control
- Knowledge networking systems
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Well Control Certification