Shop Hand (Completions) Estevan, SK< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Well Completions creates a dependable pathway to the surface for the hydrocarbons. The term Completion describes the assembly of downhole tubulars and other safety equipment that is required to enable the safe and efficient production of oil or gas from the well after it has been drilled.
The Completions group located in Estevan is currently looking to fill a Shop Technician position. The Shop Technician is responsible for maintaining equipment, tools, parts, and for performing shop housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Assist/Perform inventory counts, control of inventory
- Learn and perform all work in accordance to standard operating procedures (SOP) and ensure compliance to industry standards
- Learn and perform equipment maintenance and repairs as assigned
- Actively participate in equipment and process familiarization
- Assist with testing equipment and report any problems or leaks to Shop Manager
- Assist senior shop personnel with hydro test reports
- Maintain close contact with the Supervisor regarding work assignments
- Maintain clean / orderly work environment for both shop and yard in accordance to clean shop policy
- Learn and adhere to safe working procedures
- Participate fully in all required HSSE training – (Employee Passport Training Plan)
- Actively participate in all safety meetings
- Follow safety rules and regulations including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment
- Report unsafe working conditions to the Supervisor
- Report all safeety related incidents to the Supervisor
- Preferred previous experience working in a shop environment
- Preference is given to candidates with demonstrated Mechanical aptitude, and the ability to multi-task successfully in a fast-pace environment
- Experience in parts/inventory control
- Knowledge of computers/programs such as JDE, MS EXCEL and MS WORD
- Lifting heavy objects
- Grade 12 diploma (or equivalent)
- Valid class 5 driver's license with own transportation
- Basic math skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to identify dangerous conditions and act accordingly
- Able to understand and interpret instructions both verbal and written
- Mechanically inclined
- Self-starter working with limited supervision
- Safety oriented
- Able to interact and perform successfully within a team environment
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Demonstrate initiative to learn and develop new skills
Hours of Work: This position is based on an Mon - Fri 8-hr work schedule. Specific hours of work to be confirmed at the time of the interview.
Successful candidates will be required to under-go a post-offer drug and alcohol test, as well as a pre-employment medical.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.