Field Supervisor, Secure Drilling Services - Nisku, AB< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Weatherford is currently searching for candidates to fill the role of a Field Supervisor for our Secure Drilling Services (UBD/MPD) division.
This position is focused on applying skills and knowledge in order to safely perform and manage the separation and compression functions. The Field Supervisor must be proficient in managing all aspects related to separation and compression as well as supervising and mentoring separation and compression operators. Duties and responsibilities are to lead or delegate the proper on-site maintenance and operation of tools, equipment, accessories, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and managing information and customer data, as well as customer relations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the rig up/ down, function test, pressure test, and operation of all separation and compression equipment and preparing the paperwork requirements. Separation equipment includes but is not limited to separators, choke manifolds, flare stacks and pumps. Compression equipment includes but is not limited to compressors, nitrogen production units, boosters and mist pumps with minimal supervision This can be done in the base or field location.
- Train and mentor Separation and Compression Operators.
- Lead and supervise all separation and Compression, mechanical and hydraulic inspection requirements.
- Lead and supervise any changes to separation and Compression, mechanical or hydraulic equipment.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal staff, client, and 3rd party service providers.
- Lead and supervise the completion of all field documentation.
- Actively lead in JSAs and operational specific procedures.
- Lead in the Permit to Work process and Tool Box talks.
- Troubleshoot separation and compression equipment and implement corrective action.
- Responsible for managing and tracking inventory and sending signed job tickets to the office when required.
- Can demonstrate, apply knowledge and perform all hands on functions of all operations of compression / separation including rig up, operating, event identification and downhole theory, maintenance, changing compression / separation elements and trouble shooting
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety and quality rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Proficient regarding matters related to pressure safety
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Understand principles of electricity and hydraulics
- Basic computer skills
- Minimum of 2 years of Separation or Compression experience
- Mininim of 1 year of oilfield supervisory experience
- Must be willing to travel to remote locations and possibly to other countries for extended periods if needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to work closely with other team members.
- Helpful and highly motivated with the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Flexible and able to support and interface with members of staff at all levels
- Availability to be on-call, work outside normal business hours and travel as required
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Ablity to pass a post-offer drug, acohol, and medical testing
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.