TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER - DRILLING SERVICES< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
The Technical Sales Manager is responsible for the delivery of the annual revenue target agreed jointly by their Geozone Sales VP/Director & the Geozone Business Manager (GBM) for their particular Product Line(s). They shall work in conjunction with the GBM who is accountable for the operational execution that delivers the identified revenue.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- For delivering an accurate revenue and margin forecast based on operational activity and expenditure plans by their customers. This is to be incorporated into the local Account Plan.
- Providing a detailed product line strategy document (their input into the Account Plan) which is to be reviewed on a regular basis, quarterly as a minimum. This review will monitor performance and offer early indication of potential revenue gaps that the role will be responsible for addressing accordingly.
- They will offer support to and be supported by the Technical Sales Representatives & Account Managers to ensure effective and efficient delivery of all sales processes; support for all customer engagement opportunities, opportunity management, contract handover and management of the contract review process.
- Quotation generation and tender response is a key job function, as is the generation of commercial strategies for bundling and integrating our services and products. They shall, through liaison with GBM, Tech Sales Reps& Account Managers qualify strategic business opportunities for introducing new technologies, products & services to both new and existing customers.
- The role proactively and strategically sells Weatherford tools, technologies and services within the defined Product Line segment but proactively seeks opportunities for X-PL selling and bundling.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all commercial activity is carried out ethically and in compliance with relevant Co policies inc FCPA & Overseas Trade policies, laws, regulations, standards and industry practices.
- Responsible for adopting consistent & effective use of the available Technology (SFDC.com, XAIT-Porter) and ensures Tech Sales Reps follow up on leads & opportunities assigned to them & complies with SFDC procedures.
- Oversees the tender development and response process, ensures all resources are available for highest quality submissions and is accountable for the technical review & commercial proposal using Xait-Porter, inc; initial pricing.
- Liaise with Commercial Operations and legal department to ensure efficient and effective tender
- Develop strategic plans to strengthen WFT Identity by understanding customer/industry key objectives & aligning our Core Capabilities, assembling and disseminating market intelligence while overseeing all areas of business risk and ensure strategies exist to mitigate these as much as possible.
- Ensures Tech Sales Reps understand customer’s needs and ensures products and services are marketed, positioned and understood by key decision makers in customer organizations.
- Responsible for responding to the Client Engagement Plan to enhance the profitability of the company through Weatherford provision of products and services to new & existing customers
- Proposes solutions to customers formally (through pitches, presentations & tender submissions) and informally through networks, relationships, discussions.
- Responsible for relaying competitive information back to the appropriate PL stakeholders, inc: pricing, product performance, marketing material, activities, new products/technology etc.
- Responsible for developing specific client application value proposition while maintaining the understanding of WFT tech. capabilities and service & effectively communicates PL to customers.
- Responsible for the generation of annual revenue targets through the creation and conversion of account plans via the Technical Sales Reps and take relevant actions to identify and address revenue ‘gaps’ for the year to ensure target achievement.
- As a minimum undertakes quarterly reviews of their account plans with the Geozone Sales leader and Account Managers & Tech Sales Reps.
- Accountable for delivering positive commercial results through strong negotiating skills which result in significant continuous improvements in margin performance.
- Evaluates sales opportunities and finalized the upsell plan via the Account Managers, GBMs & Tech Sales Team.
- Collaborative team player with strong technical knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry.
- Management skills with ability to exercise initiative to resolve potential & actual problems.
- Broad knowledge of the Weatherford sales process, policies, products & services.
- Excellent communication skills and advanced computer and presentation skills with experience of delivering to internal and external clients.
Required Education & Experience:
- Degree educated in relevant oilfield or technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in a combination of field and onshore technical support roles, preferably 2 years of sales.
- If no degree qualification then candidate should have at least 10 years industry experience, combination of field and sales experience.
- Candidates should demonstrate that they are commercially astute, have a good understanding of commercial tenders, contracts, high margin / profitability impact and requirements for high quality customer service.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks’ vacation to start, an RRSP program, a full comprehensive extended benefits program including a health spending account, and opportunities for on-going training and career development.