Account Manager - Weatherford Labs (Calgary, AB)< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
The Account Manager is responsible for the delivery of the annual revenue target agreed with their Sales Director/Regional Sales Manager for their specific managed territories and/or accounts. Through effective account management and new business identification they are responsible for delivering an accurate revenue forecast based on the operational activity and expenditures planned by their customer(s).
The role is supported by Business Development and Technical Specialists to ensure the effective & efficient delivery of all sales processes including; support for client engagement opportunities, opportunity management, contract handover and management of contract review processes.
They are accountable for retaining the customer base as well as identifying and successfully developing relations with new customers. They are accountable for understanding client needs and they are responsible for introducing the Weatherford Laboratories portfolio of products and services across the customer matrix.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in obtaining designated sales goals by direct contact with established and new customers to solicit service work and equipment sales.
- Accountable for action to identify and address revenue gaps for the year to ensure target achievement.
- Evaluates sales opportunities via the Technical Sales personnel.
- Develops and executes strategic plans to strengthen Weatherford Laboratories position in sales territory by understanding customer/industry key objectives and challenges and emphasizing and aligning our Core Capabilities.
- Mentor and train new sales team members
- Adopt and drive high quality use of CRM software
- Promote beneficial customer relations and ensure the customer receives satisfactory service.
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints regarding services, products, or personnel
- Directly prepare or assist in preparation of bids and quotes, some of a very complex nature that requires extensive research.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of various sales reports concerning sales projections, job budgeting details, and prospect lists
- Deliver presentations to clients as needed. Participate in relevant industry forums and other marketing events
- Develops product lines promotional tactics and lead new product educational seminars
- Develops and implements programs for business enhancement, business retention and business expansion
- Know and understand Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of Quality Systems Manual, Operation and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford Laboratories.
- Drive cohesion and common purpose in a changing environment to all sales and sales related personnel
- Liaise with the legal department for contract drafting and execution
- Lead and manage all client commercial arrangements to ensure best value and long-term viability
- Foster the development of relationships with clients to enhance the profitability of the company
- Assemble and disseminate market intelligence
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by manager.
- Ability to sell in a team environment
- Ability to Cultivate & Grow a Sales Pipeline
- Logical and methodical, results driven
- Self-confidence and motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Advanced computer and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and Experience with CRM software
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Geology or other technology/science related degree preferred, but experience may serve in lieu of degree.
- Entry level should have a minimum of 4 years industry experience in a combination of field and shore-based sales / technical support roles
- If not degree educated then candidates should have at least 7 years industry experience.
- If the candidate is new to the industry then they must be able to demonstrate at least 7 years successful sales background
- All candidates should be able to demonstrate that they are commercially astute and have a good understanding of tenders, contracts, negotiations, high margin / profitability achievement as well as the requirements for high quality customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer and software skills
- Travel required
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks’ vacation to start, an RRSP program, a full comprehensive extended benefits program including a health spending account, and opportunities for on-going training and career development.