WELL PLACEMENT ENGINEER< Back To Job Listing
Provide technical expertise for the planning, execution and post-well analysis of horizontal wells where Geosteering Services are being utilized or have the potential to be implemented.
- Model offset data to determine feasibility of geosteering within reservoirs given geological/physical constraints and to recommend best applications for success.
- Monitor real-time data, provide real-time interpretation and execute directional decisions to ensure proper placement of the borehole within a specific target.
- Integrate with client G&G, drilling and completions teams for planning and execution of their horizontal well programs.
- Give technical presentations to support Geosteering Services including feasibility studies, end-of-well analyses and sales/marketing demonstrations.
- Mentor new Geosteering personnel in the art of geosteering and other related disciplines.
- Promote the integration of other Weatherford Services for a comprehensive customer solution where appropriate.
- Ensure a high Service Quality standard of service.
- Know and understand the Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Understanding of geophysics, geology, petrophysics, LWD and directional drilling.
- Broad knowledge of LWD and wireline logging technologies and applications.
- Good understanding of drilling operations.
- Experience with real-time operations.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Solid knowledge in LWD sensor physics and petroleum geology.
- Advanced knowledge in formation evaluation and petrophysics.
- Image dip picking.
- Real-time geosteering experience - 5 years minimum.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS