Development Engineer< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Performs a variety of engineering work in planning and design of products, tools, machines and other mechanically functioning equipment and mechanical processes associated with drilling and completion services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs fundamental engineering tasks within the established Product Development Process. These tasks include but are not limited to: strength of material problems, stress analysis, simple torque, tension, and compression problems; simple statics and dynamics problems; material selection, cost estimation and tolerance studies.
- Modify existing products to meet internal or external customer requirements.
- Creates engineering layouts for fit, form and function checking.
- Prepares calculations and design packages as required to complete design reviews.
- Prepares checks and or directs the preparation of detailed drawings and layouts.
- Coordinates the manufacture of prototypes.
- Conducts experimental test programs.
- Analyses test data to determine if the product meets predetermined technical specifications.
- Prepares documentation as required for Engineering files.
- Develops experimental test programs.
- Develops test reports or summaries.
- Develop month project and tasks updates as requested.
- Develop new products and services.
- Participates in and understands the analysis of failures.
- Prevents or eliminates defects in new or existing products.
- Demonstrates an understanding of fundamental design tools such as threaded connections, seals, plated surfaces, heat treating, etc.
- Understands the key limitations and advantages to manufacturing the product in different manners.
- Conducts the analysis of failures and makes recommendations.
- Performs advanced engineering tasks such as fluid dynamics, vibrations and burst and collapse analysis.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the theoretical calculations as they apply to the design of the product.
- May utilize computer driven engineering software to complete complex analysis.
- Perform various other duties assigned by a supervisor or manager within the physical constraints of the job.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Pro-engineer or CREO 3-D design packages.
- Experience in designing downhole equipment.
- Experience designing Liner Hanger equipment
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills and a willingness to work in a team environment.
- Have a working knowledge of states of stress.
- Working knowledge of design margins and its effects on downhole tools.
- Working knowledge of downhole hydraulics.
- Working knowledge of liner hanger system downhole applications.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.