FIELD ENGINEER< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Reporting to Operations Manager
- To carry out as a team Installation, Commissioning, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of the Weatherford SRP VSD panels.
- Provide technical support to Instrumentation technicians
- Provide guidance to instrument technicians to ensure that worked is carried out to client and statutory health & safety standards/procedures and the Permit to Work System, promoting safety and environmental awareness in all day to day activities
- Find and remedy faults on Instruments and VSD control panels
- Assist supervisor with any reporting functions
- Ensure materials used are in accordance with specifications
- Reads and interprets electrical schematics, diagrams, plans in preparation for and performance of tasks
- Submit written reports to his field supervisor regarding daily activities
- Determines and secures necessary tools, material and equipment before starting any task
- Assists in the layout and documentation of new installation
- Perform analysis and diagnosis to provide solutions to instrumentation problems
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and permit to work system of the customer during work at site
- Prepare site visit report, service report and daily progress report
- Assist field supervisor to develop & improve job safety procedures
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by project engineer within the physical constraints of the job.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Instrumentation or Control engineering having min 2-3 yrs of field experience.
- Extensive experience in technical support activities, preferably with experience of multi-skilling
- Fluent in English language (primarily in 'Spoken English' to reasonable degree in 'Written English')
- Ability to organize and document
- General computer skills
- Work experience at site in supervisor level.
- Able to understand P & I diagram, Process flow diagram, Functional Logic diagram and Cause & Effect Matrix.
- Knowledge on Safety factor in Hazardous location
- Knowledge on flow products, DCS, PLC & SCADA system.
- Good communication skills