APPLICATION ENGINEER< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on Likedin, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Technical and Customer Focus
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Completions Philosophy (Upper/Lower), software’s, products and the field applications
- Perform simulations, designs and optimize application for Completions Solutions.
- Respond to technical and commercial enquiries from customers
- Support inside sales operations by creating quotes in line with the Product Line pricing strategy and maintain project documentation traceability
- Review and support tenders for Product Line scope
- In complex installations or when required, conduct site surveys, FAT, SIT, installation, and commissioning on site or professional flow labs
- Follow up on installed systems and perform basic analysis on gathered application data
- Travel as needed to support product sales, field installations and any troubleshooting requirements
- Be an active player of the Business cycle of Products and Services, since client request to delivery at location, act accordingly and promptly
- Establish QA/QC standards and Service Delivery Excellence
- Provide technical support to sales and operations, assisting both sides by been the link.
- Conduct thorough Root Cause Failure Analysis and provide reports in required format including recommendations for increasing performance of the system (s).
- Identifies new product development opportunities and strategies. Plans and formulates aspects of associated engineering work, such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and equipment and manpower requirements
- Provide direction on technical projects including selection, technology and design. Knowledge on proper application of various Completions Upper/Lower Products and Services
- Must understand, comply with and enforce all safety rules and company policies
- Perform various other duties assigned by Manager within the physical constraints of the job
- Travel into the GZ or outside could be required.
- Self-Motivated and growth-driven as a part of a strong team
- Strong communications skills – oral and written
- Resilience, self-reflection and adaptiveness to change within the scope of work is key
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, with secondary European language skills advantageous
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Adapt to changing and challenging work load/environment - onshore, offshore, research labs and test rigs.
- Good user level knowledge of Office 365 applications – Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Engineering Degree – Master is a plus
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience in the Oil and Gas Sectors, (Field/Offices base)
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.