WELL SITE SUPERVISOR< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
This position has field and workshop responsibilities depending on company and customer requirements and workload. The position includes working for prolonged periods away from home that may include overseas. The TRS Service Technician operates specialist equipment associated with the handing of OCTG in both offshore and onshore well construction at customer locations. Working closely with other company and 3rd party technicians as part of a team, they have limited independent authority to provide quality, professional service and customer support by performing assigned TRS operations in accordance with company’s contractual obligations, operations procedures and company’s and customer’s Health, Safety & Environmental (HS&E) policies. The role may also include general repair and service of TRS related equipment at company’s and customer’s facilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her Manager.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Ensure compliance with Weatherford, and where appropriate, Clients, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy, and Safety Management Systems.
- Act in accordance with the Roles and Responsibilities as described in Document GL-TRS-TD-L4-18 TRS QHSE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of operation and maintenance requirements of TRS Manual Handling Equipment, Power Equipment, Bucking Units and Thread Monitoring Systems, Rig Systems Solutions Services and Total Depth Solutions Services as it applies to the assigned business segment.
- Housekeeping/maintenance duties in a safe manner as directed by supervisor.
- Responsible for the upkeep of own training and competency portfolio.
- Responsible for own and crew’s compliance with Weatherford and Clients HSE policies whilst ensuring co-workers carry out work in safe manner.
- Ensure all Job reporting forms are completed accurately and all Non Productive Time (NPT) incidents are accurately recorded and report to management
- Participate in incident and accident investigations as required / requested.
- Perform the functions of a Crew Chief as described by Company upon request.
- Attend and contribute at Client presentations / “Drilling the Well on Paper” (DWOP’s), HAZID meetings as requested.
- Performance of function checks TRS Equipment against specified Work Instructions.
- Rig up, operation and rig down of TRS Equipment following Work Instructions and procedures.
- Service and maintenance of mechanical, hydraulic and electronic components of TRS equipment as applicable to business segment.
- Active participation in workshop safety & toolbox meetings.
- Active participation and contribution to workshop specific safety initiatives.
- Active participation in incident investigation promoting swift and appropriate incident close outs
- Ensure all hazards, unsafe acts and non-conformances are accurately and promptly reported.
- Ensure third party compliance with company procedures.
- Supervise the service, repair, maintenance and functional testing of mechanical, hydraulic and electronic components of
- TRS equipment as applicable to business segment.
- Ensure good standards of housekeeping practices in workshop and yard are maintained at all times
Responsible for complying with Weatherford HSE policies, whilst ensuring co-workers carry out work in safe manner.
- English Language: Has fully operational command of the spoken and written language with only occasional unsystematic inaccuracies and in appropriacies. Misunderstandings may occur in unfamiliar situations. Handles complex detailed argumentation well.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office software.
- Possess good presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex issues.
- Mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of hydraulic and mechanical/electronic systems.
- Ability to logically trouble shoot issues.
- Ability to work within process, procedures, and checklists.
- Minimum required with High School Diploma or Equivalent
10+ years of industry working experience
Minimum 36 months experience related to the assigned TRS BU business segment