COMMERCIAL SPECIALIST< Back To Job Listing
Reporting to the Commercial Operations Centre Manager, the Commercial Operations Specialist will be responsible for delivering best in class tender/proposal submissions. This includes collating and leading both technical and commercial input from the Product Line, information from the GeoZones, as well as the management of all clarification responses and centralised contract management activities.
They will be fully accountable for all functional tender reviews (Legal, commercial, tax, credit, etc.) on SFDC and all required approval routings (Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds, SFDC GOA). They will work with the proposal touch points in the areas if assigned (either by geography or segment) to manage the entire timeline for the creation of each assigned proposal. The role will collaborate with country representatives to create bespoke local content plans, taking into account any local tendering requirements. The role is also responsible for the creation of a timeline and regular status reporting to the Commercial Operations Centre Manager and Geozone touch points.
Upon contract award, they will also conduct, lead and ensure clear contract handover process to the operations team, for their assigned Geozones and segments, for all secured opportunities. They will be fully accountable for assisting in the review of contracts in accordance with company policy and procedure, preparing commercial qualifications and assisting with the negotiation of Contracts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparation of Tenders, Proposals and Pre-qualification responses, including but not limited to the technical, commercial and contractual aspects of these documents.
- Responsible for the development of best in class proposals, which positively influence the long term competitive and financial position of Weatherford
- Ensure all proposals are formatted and comply with company brand guidelines, customer requirements and follow internal quality guidelines.
- Responsible for understanding the Geozone / Segment strategy documents and translate these into actionable and winning propositions to the client.
- Directly manages assigned proposal and acts as point of contact with other functions (Legal, Finance, Tax, Operations, etc.) to enable effective communication, on-time responses, improved information flow to help shape winning and profitable bids.
- Identification and management of any workload on specific ITT that does not fall within the COC limits (technical response, pricing)
- Implementing approved standardised content from the COC libraries.
- Assist in the review of contracts in accordance with company policy and procedure, prepare commercial qualifications and assist with the negotation of Contracts.
- Implement the Global Commercial Policy through commercial review of the ITT.
- Creating review/approval work flow and managing said work low in the Xait Porter platform under the direction of the COC Lead
- Responsible for all required approval reviews and approval routings in Salesforce as part of the proposal submission process
- Responsible for updating salesforce status throughout the lifecycle of the tender/contract phase
- Clearly encapsulating and expressing Weatherford’s competitive advantages for the segment throughout the tender/proposal document
- Provide support to Geozone teams on utilization of the BSA, Optimizing bid price through solver and probability analysis in CRYSTAL BALL where appropriate.
- Actively request for tender debrief from the Account Managers following a tender loss to ensure ‘lessons learned’ are carried on to future tender submissions.
- Supporting Geozones with appropriate contractual and commercial advice, with support from the Legal Department and others as required.
- Assist the opportunity team in the identification and mitigation of project risk.
- Ensure clear handover from Commercial Operations to Geozone for all secured opportunities, ensuring all risk and opportunities are communicated to the Project team in a timely manner.
Actively seek opportunities to leverage lean methodology or simplification in the way we work to drive process improvement and bidding capacity enhancement within the team
- Improvement of standard process flow and associated tender templates. One approach
- Identifies any areas of improvement in the COC process and highlight to the Commercial Operations Centre Manager
Client & Communications
- Maintain key relationships with the proposal touch points based on assignment (either by segment of geography)
- Daily communication with the Commercial Operations Centre Manager to manage workload and mitigate commercial risk
- Regular communication with other Commercial Operations Specialists and Commercial Engineers to identify areas of process stress or improvement
- Essential: High School, College General education qualification; Further Education Certificate
- Preferred: Higher Education Certificate / Diploma related to Business, Ecomonics, Finance
- Advanced MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint software
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS