PROCUREMENT MANAGER< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on Likedin, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
The role will ensure that all procurement activity meets country operational needs and aligns with organizational strategies, driving total cost reduction and increasing competitive advantage through relations with the supply base.
Post-holder will work in partnership with internal clients to ensure optimum processes are implemented to enable the company to achieve value for money in goods and services procurement. They will collaborate with internal clients to establish procurement needs at an appropriate stage of the project lifecycle and deliver effective procurement processes to deliver on time, quality, and budget. They will implement effective procurement frameworks and conduct procurement exercises end-to-end.
- Plan and manage all procurement operations within the assigned area;
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies;
- Responsible for mentoring and growing capability within the country procurement team, holding a senior remit in terms of purchasing responsibility;
- Manage the commercial relationship with suppliers and work to build strong partnerships.
- Work closely with the Geozone Procurement Manager to develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, and improve business performance. Identify and pursue process improvement opportunities;
- Ensure compliance to corporate policies and industry best practices;
- Track and manage key functional metrics to improve effectiveness. Drive improvements in these metrics, ensuring that the Procurement team delivers against targets;
- Participate in the audit of suppliers as required, following through on outcomes to facilitate service improvement;
- Review, negotiate and approve purchase and service contracts;
- Manage the Approved Suppliers List, liaising with the operational departments to assist in supplier performance evaluation;
- Responsible for all procurement reporting as required;
- Provide coaching and training to Procurement team. Serve as the subject matter expert for high value and/or high-risk contract negotiations.
Minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience in procurement, including a robust track record for contracting, vendor negotiations and strategic sourcing;
- Proven experience as a Supply Chain leader in Oil & Gas sector (preferred);
- Experience working with a multinational company (preferred);
- A thorough understanding of procurement principles and experience developing procurement strategies. History of setting strategy and seamlessly executing;
- Enthusiastic and passionate about procurement with excellent communication skills; results and people oriented; strong project management and influencing skills;
- Strong negotiator and ability to deal effectively with national and international suppliers;
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of fundamental financial concepts;
- Understanding of Business Controls Policies, Processes and Procedures;
- Computer literate. Experienced user of MS Office programs and ERP systems (JDE Procurement modules preferred);
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with only little or remote supervision. No-nonsense attitude and effective hands on problem solving skills.
- Completion of a graduate degree at University or Higher Business Education level in a related field e.g. Business Administration, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Law or similar disciplines
- Advanced Procurement / Supply Chain certification
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.