MPD WELL SITE SUPERVISOR< Back To Job Listing
This senior level position is focussed on applying skills and knowledge in order to safely perform and manage any MicrofluxTM Control System (MFC) functions as a Wellsite Supervisor. The Wellsite Supervisor must be proficient in managing all aspects related to the MFC and Rotating Control Devices (RCD) as well as mentoring junior personnel. Duties and responsibilities are to lead or delegate aspects of the rig up, maintenance and operation of all MFC and RCD equipment on the rig site and base when required.
The Wellsite Supervisor is the focal point between the client, rig personnel, Weatherford crew and office, they are accountable to oversee all operational aspects relating to the MFC and RCD on the rig.
- Responsible for daily communication with the clients rig site representative, client’s office, and other services companies on location. Collaborate with the field engineer for technical down knowledge and assistance when needed.
- This individual is responsible for all MPD Operation on the rig, from a technical, equipment and safety aspect
- Can demonstrate, apply knowledge and perform all hands on functions of all operations of the MFC and RCD including rig up, operating, event identification and downhole theory, maintenance, changing RCD elements and trouble shooting
- Interacts with 3rd party service providers on the rig, such as the mud loggers, mud company, MWD and directional services, etc.
- Responsible for managing and tracking inventory and sending signed job tickets to the office
- Train and mentor crew members
- Participate in pre and post job meetings with the clients
- Manage crew shifts and rotation while on the rig site
- Responsible for making sure equipment is functional and inventory lists complete before sending equipment to location as well as green tagging manifold after the job is complete
- Follow all QHSE procedures and report any incidents
- Conduct safety meetings on the rig
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all Operating, Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Perform various other duties and activities within the physical constraints of the job
Preferred: High School Diploma or GED
Technical Degree related to the oil and gas industry
Good mechanical aptitude
Knowledge and experience with traditional drilling practices and well control
Significant Managed Pressure Drilling experience
Significant oilfield supervisory experience
Understand basic principles of electricity
Understand basic principles of hydraulics
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS