INSPECTOR< Back To Job Listing
- To maintain, inspect and service equipment in the workshop environment. To ensure all processes are carried out in accordance with Company quality and Safety Management Systems to a level of competency set by the company and in a timely manner.
- The inspection of company owned equipment in accordance with relevant company, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and industry standards, using relevant inspection equipment and inspection techniques.
- The inspection of company owned equipment in accordance with relevant company, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and industry standards, using relevant inspection equipment and inspection techniques. Completion of Company Inspection and non-conformance reports and documentation relating to equipment inspected. Completed in a timely manner to ensure traceability.
- Ensure all equipment utilised in inspection process is properly maintained and calibrated to industry and company standards whilst in use and in storage. To ensure all hand tools, plant and machinery used in the inspection workshop are well maintained and are in safe condition. To conduct routine maintenance checks on machinery and plant to ensure all workshop or installation safety practices are adhered to and complete necessary checklists and paperwork to document a traceable maintenance and calibration system.
- To ensure inspection work order/job cards are generated, signed off and submitted to Inspection Department supervisors in a timely manner, to allow correct efficient progress monitoring to meet operational requirements. (Workshop). To ensure Permit to work systems are diligently followed up and implemented. (offshore)
- To attend and participate in all appropriate company training courses both CBT and classroom based as required by company to ensure level of competency is maintained and progressed.
Inspect new tools coming in to department from suppliers and being returned from Machine Shop after repair/modification. To ensure received items meet industry and company standards and any specifications as laid out in any purchase order and have the relevant documentation package.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Good working knowledge of company customer and industry inspection standards.
- Literate and numerate
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to function as part of a team and interface with other departments.
- Willingness to learn and address new standards.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Holder of certification to ASNT Level II in Magnetic Particle Inspection and Dye Penetrant Inspection.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Previous experience of inspection of Fishing and Re-Entry Tooling.
- Experience of reporting inspection findings
- Experience of inspection within a repair/manufacturing facility
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS