PLANNING MANAGER< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Coordinate and supervise activities and personnel in the Planning Department. Responsible for managing and coordinating Product Line shortages requirements and Machine Shop scheduling through MRP using the JD Edwards business solution.
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
General and Task Management
- Supervises, coordinates and designates duties for planning personnel.
- Assesses and maintains optimum working practices to ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensures ERP/MRP data input integrity (forward planning) to maximize productivity.
- Provides master production schedule to ensure balanced loading across all departments and to meet the monthly production targets
- Offer technical, practical assistance, and ‘on the job’ training to Planning personnel.
- Responsible for day-to-day upkeep of ERP/MRP system.
- Reports daily to Supply Chain Manager on lines of demand and any issues preventing on time delivery. Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Establish and manage KPIs to ensure 95% on-time delivery for all Product Lines
- Develop visual planning tools (Heijunka / Kanban).
- Understand earned value analysis, specifically SPI to schedule jobs effectively on the shop floor through scheduling system.
- Conduct weekly/monthly production meetings with production and materials departments
- Work closely with purchasing, quality, manufacturing engineers, shop floor and warehouse to execute the daily activities in a flawless manner.
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement.
- Works assignments carried out to the highest quality level with minimal supervision.
- Must understand and comply with all quality and safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Other duties assigned by Manager within the physical constraints of the job.
- With assistance from HR: recruits, hires, trains staff, evaluates employee performance, and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions.
Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Engineering or 3-5 years manufacturing experience with basic technical education (APICS and/or PMI certification are highly desired).
- 5 years plus experience in MRP/ERP systems with Strategic Planning experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing is preferred
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Technical and IT knowledge is an advantage