TECHNICAL MANAGER - MPD< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Reporting to the Managed Pressure Drilling Geozone Business Manager, the MPD Operations Manager is the focal point and responsible for the planning, organization, leadership and management of field operations with the main objective of this role is to ensure the delivery of consistent and superior service, safety, quality, and technical support and effectiveness required to exceed expectations of our customers, while maximizing operational efficiency and minimizing costs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Client and Communication
- Ensures that the organization is optimally suited to identify customer needs and problems, to offer them the most appropriate and cost effective solutions, to deliver the best job execution with outstanding service quality, and to systematically evaluate results obtained to further improve services in accordance with QHSSE, Operational Excellence plans and continuous improvement concepts
- Actively promotes a Weatherford culture in the area and supports all area initiatives and teams
- Regularly communicates field performance , support and quality objectives to Geozone and Country/Area management
- Conducts regular customer Service Quality Review meetings in conjunction with sales to ensure our services, products and technical support meet their complete satisfaction
Vision and Leadership
- Promotes an environment of One Weatherford, trust, care and respect built on open two-way communication, empowerment, employee achievement and the use of positive reinforcement and disciplinary action when required
- Establish and maintain an effective skilled support structure to meet the needs of the business in the short and longer term, maximizing reliability and quality and minimizing cost exposure
- Assists in defining the budgetary requirements based on customer activity plans, and then manages it in the most productive and cost efficient manner
- Accountable for meeting the area's financial goals through optimum utilization of personnel, equipment and material resources, the set-up of proper control systems and sound expense control
- Oversees material and supply inventory to ensure effective levels of stock and inventories are kept to a minimum while meeting the area operational requirements and utilization forecast
Safety and Compliance
- Demonstrate effective Safety leadership at all times to enhance the organisation’s commitment to safety performance and ensure that Health, Safety, Environment and Quality and Reliability are the responsibility of all employees
- Regular interaction and communication to Geozone management of improvement areas and opportunities with respect to the operations
- Address QHSE and Reliability issues at the time of their identification and implement the appropriate strategies in conjunction with appropriate management matrix that maintain QHSE awareness throughout the workforce
- Organizes personnel, equipment and material resources in the most productive and cost effective way to meet activity demands.
- Regularly assess the resources and support required to perform a safe and high quality job and ensure strict adherence to Service Quality and Safety Standards
- Constantly evaluates the safety effectiveness of operations through systematic analysis of near-misses and accidents, to promptly determine their cause and the corrective actions required in terms of personnel awareness/training / equipment standards/maintenance. Is actively involved in Root Cause Analysis for all incidents affecting safety and service quality in the area.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of Customer's activity plans and local market conditions to help forecast activity trends to assist in the preparation of the business plans
- Reviews the maintenance of the district's equipment and recommends necessary actions or modifications in accordance with Weatherford standards and policies
- Fosters and leads for continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that the internal process within the organization meet the needs of the business
Team Building and Mentoring
- Leads and motivates employees to work to the best of their ability as part of the team through open communications, regular meetings, coaching and counseling, attention to their needs, recognition and rewards for their individual contributions and collective accomplishments
- Creates an environment of accountability where each employee is held to the same standard of accountability for their actions regardless of their span of control or scope of responsibility
- Delegates responsibilities and activities as necessary to enhance the role of every team member
- Oversees the training of field personnel, trying to maintain the necessary balance between the area's operational requirements and individual development needs
- Participates in the recruitment process of field employees in order to foster an environment that enables the company to attract and retain a high performing, talented work force
COMPETENCIES: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong leadership and management skills with an ability to balance and prioritize competing interests
- Proven ability to build/maintain strong relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent influence and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to accurately assess, solve, implement, and communicate solutions to problems
- Proven focus on customer service and delivery with an extensive knowledge of oilfield equipment, parts and services
- Ability to work in high pressure situations, balancing both client and business expectations
- Range and depth of experience in business management, budget control, people management and safety leadership
- Previous responsibility for financial results, including a history of managing to results for both productivity and cost efficiency
- Advance knowledge of Weatherford products and services
- Extensive operation experience of the specific product line in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Technical Competency with product line Operations and Equipment.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.