SENIOR LAB ANALYST< Back To Job Listing
- Perform lab based chemical analysis of oil/condensate, gas and water samples using sophisticated analytical instrumentation such as gas and ion chromatography, density, molecular weight, kinematic viscosity and other related analysis according to documented procedures.
- Maintains quality assurance program to ensure accurate and reliable data; calculates and plots data; reviews, interpret including quality control of laboratory data
- Performs calibration and preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment including servicing, repair and maintenance, restocking of spares and consumables when necessary with a responsibility for the gas chromatographs and other analytical instruments.
- Report any equipment failures and operational problems and execute solutions.
- Adhering to ISO 9001 quality management system related procedure.
- Adhering to the safety requirements.
- Adhering to environmental requirements.
- Provide training assistance to other employees where required.
- Handling any other related responsibility as assigned by the Service Line Manager.
- May be required to work in the field at any worldwide location or in other WFT laboratories.
Initiative and decision making
- Good knowledge of laboratory systems/equipment essential
- General knowledge of petroleum industry
- Reporting skills
- Coordination and communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good knowledge of English
- Self-motivation leading to increased responsibilities
- Ability and confidence to work unsupervised
Educational Background: University degree in an appropriate science subject
Experience Required: Five years (5) of Gas Chromatography and Chemistry Analysis
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS