Project Engineer (Field Engineer IV)< Back To Job Listing
Responsible for design, planning, application, and support of Weatherford's Managed Pressure Drilling Services. This includes pre and post drilling analysis within basic to complex wells/projects on a country and regional basis (or international as required). Weatherford's Managed Pressure Drilling Services consists of Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) including MicrofluxTM Control System (MFC), Underbalanced Drilling (UBD), Air Drilling (AD), Downhole Deployment Valves (DDV) and Rotating Control Devices (RCD). The engineer will work closely with the client, rig contractor, other service providers, sales and operations to develop and execute a well program using MPD/UBD/AD Services. The Project Engineer is client/product focused with direct responsibility in front of client in terms of engineering/operation performance, process optimization, technical support, operational procedures definition, P&ID review, HAZOP/HAZID, and optimization for MPD/UBD/AD Services programs. Their role is parallel to what a Project Manager has as roles and responsibilities and is considered as the specialist engineer in the group for MPD/UBD/AD Services applications. The role will have presence onsite (rig), district bases, and offices. They will be responsible to ensure all equipment is in working condition for the operations, verify that spare parts are readily available for the job to be performed, monitor operations, review daily technical documentation, manage the finances of the project and perform any other task included in the project management plan (Service Quality and Service Delivery Plans).
- Must understand and comply with all Health, Safety, Environment and all other company policies of Weatherford.
- Provide engineering support to operations from the office and have presence at the rig or client office when required.
- Keep track of lessons learned and its applications in following operations.
- Managing all aspects of project preparation and proposals for common Weatherford’s Managed Pressure Drilling Services wells.
- Coordinate Weatherford’s Managed Pressure Drilling Services projects in the field when required.
- Support and/or conduct HAZID/HAZOP, Drill a Well On Paper (DWOP) and well planning meetings.
- Manage project schedule and project budget. Define project scope, risk analysis and management of changes.
- Define critical paths and resources for the project. Establish baselines and generate effective cost and schedule reports.
- Prepare operating procedures in accordance to type of operation and optimize P&ID’s.
- Keep constant communication with customers, updating them with our results.
- Have an active role in assisting Sales/Business development group with client meetings and presentations.
- Preparation and delivery of technical presentation, engineering studies, end of well reports, etc.
- Assume a Weatherford’s Managed Pressure Drilling Services onsite or on client office role when necessary.
- Assume a Master Field Engineer and/or Weatherford’s Managed Pressure Drilling Services Wellsite Supervisor role when requested by management (Regional and/or Global), including but not limited to operating the system.
- Mentor junior/intermediate Field engineers within Weatherford’s Managed Pressure Drilling Services.
- Optimize the Weatherford’s Managed Pressure Drilling Services process from planning to execution.
- Write Real results, technical magazine articles and technical conference abstracts/papers.
- Perform Weatherford’s Managed Pressure Drilling Services jobs audit.
- Review and approve rig visit (onshore/offshore) reports and related flow process diagram and P&ID.
- Keep updated on other Weatherford products or services that could help the operator to optimize their drilling/completion process.
- Business focused, creating the culture of real and communication with clients.
- Required to complete the competency requirements identified by Global and Regional Management.
- At the discretion of management (Regional and/or Global), may be required to complete training required to become Qualified Competency Assessor and perform competency assessments on Weatherford’s Managed Pressure Drilling Services personnel when required.