Field MPD Engineer III< Back To Job Listing
This Field Engineer is focused on applying skills and knowledge in order to safely perform any Weatherford's Managed Pressure Drilling Services functions as a field engineer. The expectation at this level is for the individual to be proficient in all aspects related to Weatherford's Managed Pressure Drilling Services and Rotating Control Devices (RCD), Downhole Deployment Valve (DDV), Underbalanced Drilling (UBD), Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD), and Air drilling (AD) working independently, and being the primary technical and engineering support on the rig site, if required.The individual to be able to perform all aspects related to Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD), MicrofluxTM Control System (MFC), Underbalanced Drilling (UBD), Air Drilling (AD), Compression, Separation and Rotating Control Devices (RCD). Duties and responsibilities are to perform and lead if needed in the rig up, maintenance and operation of all MFC and RCD equipment on the rig site and base.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Work Instructions, Procedures and Workplace Safety guidelines/practices.
- Responsible for connecting sensors to main data acquisition system, collecting data, and providing data interpretation and system troubleshooting.
- Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD), Underbalanced Drilling (UBD), Choke, Downhole Deployment Valve (DDV), Rotating Control Devices (RCD) and multiphase separator operation will have to be operated and monitored by this position.
- Interact with the rig crew and advise driller and client of events or potential problems identified during the operation.
- Responsible for the updating the daily report, records of events, proper database management of all well data, drilling programs, procedures, and End of Well report.
- Attend and support Hazard Operability Analysis (HAZOP), drill and well planning meetings.
- Complete all HSE training in order to meet the minimum certification and technical requirements as identified by Client, Global, and Regional Management team.
- Perform engineering simulation and enforce best operational practices on rig site.
- Recommend, refine, or establish documented procedures required to enhance operational procedures and systems.
- Support Wellsite Supervisor, Field Engineer or Project Engineer of higher level on performing rig inspection and assist in writing related report.
- Support Wellsite Supervisor, Field Engineer or Project Engineer of higher level on performing jobs audits.
- Support on preparing operating procedures in accordance to type of operation and help to optimize P&ID’s.
- Monitor, collect, plot, and analyze downhole data, focused on process optimization.
- Support on providing to rig/operator and crew with technical presentation for training purposes.
- Complete all competency requirements identified by Global and Regional Management.
- Complete training required to become Qualified Competency Assessor and performs competency assessments on junior personnel when required.
- Authors/co-authors technical papers.