Field MPD Engineer II< Back To Job Listing
Demonstrate and apply knowledge, understanding, and experience of all matters related to Managed Pressure Drilling Services and associated services (UBD, AD, RCD, others) under minimal to no supervision. Duties and responsibilities includes but are not limited to perform and lead in the rig up, maintenance, and operation of all MPD and RCD equipment on the rig site and base.
- Support our Health Safety and Environment policies. Safety Always - Rules to Live By.
- Provide on the rig site engineering and office support for Weatherford's Managed Pressure Drilling Services to the client if required.
- Responsible for working in the shop. This will include but not limited to green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.
- Assist in the rig up, operation and maintenance of equipment and data acquisition when needed and ensure all paperwork and HSE requirements are met and complied with.
- Prepare Underbalanced Drilling, Air Drilling or Managed Pressure Drilling feasibility studies, hydraulic modelling, daily and end of well reports when required.
- Interface with operations, customer representatives and other related services and contractors to ensure successful planning and operations of Weatherford's Managed Pressure Drilling Services jobs.
- Monitor drilling data/performance and make appropriate recommendations to ensure the Weatherford's Managed Pressure Drilling Services and clients objectives are safely met.
- Perform analysis of well data, monitor wells in real time that are using the MicrofluxTM Control System or any other related services/application.
- Support on preparing operating procedures in accordance to type of operation and help to optimize P&ID’s.
- Perform the green tag procedures.
- Operate Chokes and other equipment as assigned by Management and Wellsite Supervisor within the job.
- Performs troubleshooting of the MicrofluxTM Control system manifold components. This can include the valves, chokes, Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU), Intelligent Control Unit (ICU), sensors and more.
- Familiar and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Work Instructions, Procedures and Workplace Safety guidelines/practices.
- Participate in safety talks with rig crew, client, and 3rd party service providers.
- Responsible for the updating the daily report, records of events, proper database management of all well data, drilling programs, procedures, and End of Well report.
- Attend and support Hazard Operability Analysis (HAZOP), and drill and well planning meetings.
- Complete all competency and training requirements identified by Global and Regional Management.
- Complete all HSE training in order to meet the minimum certification and technical requirements by Client, Global, and regional Management team.
- Reports to the Well Site Supervisor and/or Senior Field Engineer on location.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.