Wellsite Supervisor (Field Specialist IV)< Back To Job Listing
The Weatherford’s Managed Pressure Drilling Wellsite Supervisors are responsible for all day-to-day operational matters, including Quality and HSSE, at the rig and the base. They serve as the focal point for rig operations and shore based personnel when mobilizing equipment and / or personnel to the rig. They are also responsible for ensuring that Managed Pressure Drilling Services personnel follow Weatherford policies and procedures (shop and rig) at every step.
- This individual is responsible for all Weatherford’s Managed Pressure Drilling Services Operation on the rig, from a technical, equipment, engineering, and safety aspect.
- Responsible for daily communication with the clients rig site representative, client’s office, and other services companies on location. Collaborate with the field engineer for technical knowledge and assistance when needed.
- Responsible for working in the shop. This will include but not limited to green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.
- Can demonstrate, apply knowledge and perform all hands on functions of all operations of Managed Pressure Drilling Services including from rig up, operating, and rig down.
- Interacts with 3rd party service providers on the rig, such as the mud loggers, mud company, MWD, and directional services, among others.
- Responsible for managing and tracking inventory and daily ticket responsibilities.
- Train and mentor crew members
- Participate in pre and post job meetings with the clients
- Manage crew shifts and rotation while on the rig site
- Responsible for making sure equipment is repaired, maintained, inspected, functional and certified as well as all inventory lists complete before sending equipment to location
- Conduct safety meetings on the rig.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all Operating, Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Oversees/ensures completion of daily preventative maintenance as per the checklist.
- Have a good understanding of drilling operations.
- Responsible for all QHSE procedures of all Weatherford crew and report any incidents.
- Follow all QHSE procedures and report any incidents on WPTS or any other designated reporting system by Weatherford and Client.
- Documents all jobs and incidents in the Weatherford Performance Tracking System (WPTS).
- Responsible for all logistic operations on location.
- Accountable for all equipment functions.
- Accountable for green tagging in the shop is completed prior to mobilization.
- Accountable for the well-being of self, crew, and equipment on the job at all times.
- Required to complete the competency requirements identified by Global and Regional Management.
- Required to complete training required to become Qualified Competency Assessor and perform competency assessments on Secure Drilling Services personnel when required.
- Perform various other duties and activities within the physical constraints of the job as per the request of country or regional management.