Field Supervisor (Field Specialist III)< Back To Job Listing
The Field Supervisor must be proficient in supervising all aspects related to Weatherford's Managed Pressure Drilling Services functions on their location as well as supervising and mentoring Operators I, II, III and Field Supervisor I at their location. Duties and responsibilities are to lead or delegate the proper on-site maintenance and operation of tools, equipment, accessories, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and managing information and customer data, as well as customer relations. The Field Supervisor II will report to the Well Site Supervisor, Senior Field Engineer, or the designee assigned by Regional Management. The Field Supervisor II is a liaison between the client, rig personnel, Weatherford crew and office; they are responsible to oversee all operational aspects for Weatherford's Managed Pressure Drilling Services on the rig.
- Lead the rig up/ down, function test, pressure test, and operation of all Managed Pressure Drilling Services equipment on site and preparing the paperwork requirements with minimal to no supervision.
- Lead and supervise Managed Pressure Drilling Services, mechanical and hydraulic inspection requirements as well as equipment.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal staff, client, and 3rd party service providers.
- Document any incidents in the Weatherford Performance Tracking System (WPTS).
- Lead and supervise the completion of all field documentation.
- Actively lead in JSAs and operational specific procedures.
- Lead in the Permit to Work process and Tool Box talks.
- Effectively communicate with rig site personnel.
- Troubleshoot Weatherford's Managed Pressure Drilling Services equipment and implement corrective action.
- Responsible for managing and tracking inventory and sending signed job tickets to the office as required by the operations and client.
- Demonstrate knowledge and perform all hands on functions of all operations of Managed Pressure Drilling and other Services equipment including rig up, operating, event identification and downhole theory, maintenance of compression / separation equipment and trouble shooting.
- Conversant with all matters related to Managed Pressure Drilling Services equipment on site, including regulatory standards
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Required to complete the competency requirements by Global and Regional Management.
- At the discretion of management (Regional and/or Global), may be required to complete training required to become Qualified Competency Assessor and perform competency assessments on Secure Drilling Services personnel when required.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by the supervisor or management within the physical constraints of the job.