DAQ TECHNICIAN< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
To provide maintenance and servicing of all Surface Pipe work, Valves, Panels, Vessels, Pressure Testing and additionally the Secure Drilling (MPD) Microflux Data Acquisition System in accordance with company procedures and in conjunction with the industry standards, quality and safety management systems and to provide quality safety critical compliant equipment fit for purpose both Mechanical & Electrical.
Work efficiently and cost effective, assist with the control of assets and inventory so that operational requirements are met. Responsible for the DAQ consumables and spares for all projects and to support the Project Coordinators and communicate with the MPD System Specialist.
To maintain ALL Secure Drilling Surface equipment including the Microflux (MPD) DAQ Equipment within the Product Line.
To rig up, operate, and maintain ALL Secure Drilling Surface Equipment & DAQ Equipment onshore at the workshop site and to assist Operations according to Customer and Clients requests.
To plan and coordinate the Microflux System maintenance within the department so that Operational requirements meet deadlines and to prevent equipment backlogs.
To monitor and control DAQ Equipment calibration and to communicate and work closely with the Certification Administrator.
To utilise and complete all Work Orders and all the relevant documentation in relation to the Microflux (DAQ) equipment correctly and in a timely manner.
Assist the Stores Person in relation to preparing shipments and controlling minimum stock levels and critical spares for ALL Secure Drilling Surface Equipment.
Ensure all equipment is kept in a safe and excellent operating condition and all items are tagged and (labelled) correctly.
To conduct electrical communication and integration of data acquisition and instrumentation systems.
To ensure tests are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and all safety practices are adhered to. To participate in toolbox safety, and risk assessment discussion groups.
Ensure that all permit to work systems are adhered to and completed in Weatherford Operational bases and on location as per Weatherford Client procedures.
To be aware of the safety regulations and procedures as specified by Local Regulations, Weatherford Clients, relevant safety authorities and respect overall safety regulations.
To load and off load transportation in safe and diligent manner. Additionally, to ensure good housekeeping is maintained within workshop and yard area, and on customers work site offshore, onshore and other customer locations.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT INFORMATION ABOUT JOB
- Driving Licence preferred
- Willing to work overtime as and when required
- Able to support the Training Team and report writing
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Basic maintenance skills and fault finding for both mechanical and electrical/electronic systems, DAQ Instrumentation.
- Literate and numerate. Good written and spoken English skills.
- Must be team player, pro-active in their approach.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a workshop environment.
- Must be keen and show aptitude to develop skills and understanding of DAQ /instrumentation electrical and electronics.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Oilfield experience within a similar product line.
- Solution orientated and fully conversant with all aspects of equipment.
- Must be professional in their approach to the service provided.
- HNC/HND Electrical/electronics (or studying towards qualification)
- Recognized Electrical/Mechanical Apprenticeship (Hydraulics)
- Experience with Data Acquisition Systems
- Education to Highers/A-level standard or equivalent.
- Holder of forklift certificates
- Banksman/slinging quality induction safety induction certificates.
- Hydraulic torque equipment proficiency certificate.
- Experience with computer systems and data bases.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS