FIELD TECHNICIAN< Back To Job Listing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Reports to Operations Manager.
- To carry out as a team Installation, Commissioning, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of the Weatherford SRP VSD panels.
- Assists installation and termination of instrumentation/control cables from main control cabinet to field device/ motors.
- Supervise and evaluate removal & re-installation of VSD and related civil construction works by 3rd party as per client’s requirement
- Perform Installation and verification of wiring within instrumentation control panel containing both relay and solid-state logic
- Assists field engineer in commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance activities
- Troubleshoot control panels and all kinds of electrical and electronic circuits, makes recommendation and changes either software or hardware as required to field supervisor.
- Reads and interprets electrical schematics, diagrams, plans in preparation for and performance of tasks
- Keeps records; makes verbal and written reports of work performed
- Secures necessary tools, material and equipment before starting any task and maintain in good working condition.
- Assist field engineer to perform analysis and diagnosis to provide solutions to instrumentation problems
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and permit to work system of the customer during work at site
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by field operations manager within the physical constraints of the job.
Degree in Instrumentation/ electrical / electronic or ITI/ Diploma in relevant field and 05 years of experience as an Technician
- At least three years of which must include experience working on industrial instrumentation and controls.
- Ability to organize and document
- Computer skills are mandatory
- Good Knowledge of WFT RTU, RPC, RPOC-VSD
- Hands-on experience at site.
- Able to understand GA and electrical wiring diagram
- Knowledge on Safety factor in Hazardous location
- Good communication skills