Wireline General Field Engineer< Back To Job Listing
Formation Testing And Sampling Engineer,
Under the direction of the Field Operation Manager performs advanced Wireline services. Duties and responsibilities include the proper maintenance of tools and equipment, crew supervision, ensuring compliance to policies, managing information and customer data, and customer relations.
The employee has obtained the necessary skills and knowledge and is capable of working autonomously on tasks covering majority of the services in Open Hole and/or Cased Hole domains. Additionally, they should be contributing towards improvements in service quality which includes failure analysis, processes and procedures, and customer service. They also act as mentors and coaches for other employees into field operation job family with lower seniority.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completion of all related competencies, proficiency and training required to successful reach this level, as detailed on Wireline Career Progression document.
- Demonstrate and improve knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of all relevant Wireline documentation and other online training and support systems.
- Performs complex job planning and preparation of tools and equipment, promptly and accurately submits all required reports and data.
- Promptly report issues, lessons learned and best practices using the appropriate online system.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to perform advanced wireline services at the location, which may include tools and equipment in some or all technology groups into Open Hole and/or Cased Hole domains.
- Supervise all tasks associated with a complex Wireline job, which includes load-out and backload, rig up, winch operation, clean-up and maintenance of tools, equipment and Wireline units.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Engineering or Geology degree
- Weatherford Safety training
- Weatherford certificates of completion for Radiation, Explosives and Pressure Control
- At least 4 Years previous Wireline experience