R&M Specialist V< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial machinery systems in both the field and in the shop.
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Observe, test, and evaluate operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance for surface equipment
- Disassemble equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Diagnosing faults (trouble shooting) and completing necessary failure analysis documentation
- Repair, replace, adjust, and align components of equipment.
- Clean and lubricate parts and equipment.
- Test-run repaired equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
- Fabricate replacement parts.
- Providing technical support when necessary
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Managing mechanic supplies, inventory and equipment
- Maintaining repair and maintenance statistical records
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Efficiency and organisation
- Teamworking skills
- Ability to follow repair manuals
- General knowledge of equipment diagnosis and repair
- Mechanical aptitude
Technical Diploma (2 years)
Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar post with relevant experience.