Technical Sales Manager< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Basic Function: To spearhead the technical sales component of the business in the allocated country/geographic market which include and are not limited to customer sales calls, customer presentations, technical seminars and supervision to ensure the completion of relevant product line technical proposals. The role would also include the provision of basic operations support by providing technical product line expertise when applicable. This includes interfacing with the regional applications engineering department and clients on an on going daily basis as a means of determining client needs and addressing the same.
The Technical Sales Manager will also be directly accountable for the development of new business and sustaining current business/contracts with new/existing clients of the afore mentioned geographic market. The role would also require the individual to be directly involved in forecasting business and reporting rolling forecasts within variances accepted by the company.
One of the principal functions will be to engage with customers at a pre-tender stage to ensure that all necessary efforts are made to align Weatherford with its customer’s interests to further ensure a strong business relationship.
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Direct Responsibility and Accountability for developing new business with both new and existing clients.
- Direct Responsibility and Accountability for sustaining and enhancing existing business / contracts current clients.
- Supervise the preparation of technical solutions on product line and cross product line equipment as required internally that technically meet the client’s scope of work provided.
- Interface with Regional Applications Engineering Department for technical assistance required for country related quotes/tenders alike.
- Attend customer sales visits and calls as necessary
- Conduct product line presentations to clients as a major components of business development and technical sales
- Demonstrate and communicate skills in locating and collating technical information on network drives and intranet and internet sites.
- Review technical reports using software models where required
- Liaise with Field Engineers & Local Sales to ensure that technical job requirements are captured and provide support through software-orientated aids e.g., torque & drag simulations.
- Must have in depth expertise in designated PL and in depth knowledge of other PL interfaces.
- Must have an in depth working knowledge of rig systems, drilling & production operations
- Must have a full understanding of down-hole hydraulics and be able to explain down hole functionality in accordance.
- Have the ability to interpret and understand well-site data in relation to system functionality
- Have the ability to write procedures based upon equipment specifications and well data.
- Have the ability to ask clients relevant questions with respect to equipment performance and be able to interpret the answers in relation to system functionality.
- Must an in-depth knowledge of PL software packages, such as Visio, AutoCAD, TubeMove and technical databases
- Must have an ability to work as team leader and foster an environment to resolve potential and actual problems within specific time constraints.
- Must have good personal time management skills along with a demonstrated ability to effectively utilise dedicated resources to achieve positive results or solutions
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Must have completed a tertiary education (Under/Post Grad) in a relevant Engineering subject and possess a good level of general education in Mathematics & English language.
Ideally should have completed tertiary technical qualification in Engineering relevant to the Oil & Gas industry.
Multi lingual skills are especially useful.
Have worked as an Technical Sales Engineer (2 year min) and Technical Sales Supervisor (1 year min)