APPLICATION ENGINEER< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
• Act as focal point for product line(s) when visiting customers to help create designed solutions for customer's needs.
• Prepare technical and commercial quotations • Prepare and present technical presentations to customers to promote products, services and technologies.
• At all times be aware of customers perception of the quality of services delivered, and feed this back to the sales and operations team through excellent verbal and written communication with peers and supervisors.
• To keep a running inventory of customers needs / problems and use available resources and technology to assist in developing and implementing client and country specific sales plans.
• Participate in industry trade show and organizations and other pertinent technical associations or committees.
• Prepare contract documents for tenders that utilize the information gathered on client organizations, internal preferences and competitor strategies/services.
• To keep up-to-date on competitor strategies, services and technology, and communicate this information through appropriate channels.
• To have complete understanding of existing contracts, including incentive schemes and price escalations clauses to maximize the value of the contract.
Have an understanding of how workshop and rig operations are carried out.
• Assist Manager with the preparation of equipment lists that needs to be ordered for a given customer, project, base, etc.
• When directed by supervisor Technical Sales Engineers / Applications Techniologists may need to help out with operations by going to workshop or the rig.
• At all times to have available the latest available information and presentation packages on new products and services.
• At all times be aware of operational resources and constraints, and assist Operations in all issues related to service delivery including pre-job preparation.
• Assist Manager with incident investigations as required.
• Assist Manager with the preparation of draft installation procedures to present to customer. Including calculations and whether tools are pulled/pushed outside their limitations.
• Assist QA/QC and operational people to prepare or update controlled documents.
Development of common drawings for new and modified equipment (general drawings, assembly drawings, mounting drawings, outline drawings, etc.) according to Russian standards
Development of specifications for new and modified equipment according to Russian standards
Inspection of new technical documentation for compliance with the requirements Russian standards
• To ensure that proper approval is received for commercial proposal that is in compliance with regional business unit and country requirements.
• Help with getting acts of acceptance signed by client’s and confirmed by Weatherford