TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for adopting consistent & effective use of the available Technology
- Ensures Tech Sales Reps follow up on leads & opportunities assigned to them & complies with SFDC procedures
- Accountable for the technical review & commercial proposal using Xait-Porter, inc; initial pricing
- Oversees the tender development and response process, ensures all resources are available for highest quality submissions
- Liaise with Commercial Operations to ensure efficient and effective tender management inc negotiations
- Liaise with the legal department for contract drafting and execution
- Responsible for advising client whether or not the Company wishes to participate in the opportunity
- Ensures that the technical specifications are discussed with the client & gaining their feedback
- Responsible for contract review with the Tech Sales Rep & Account Manager to agree overall performance
- Develop strategic plans to strengthen WFT Identity by understanding customer/industry key objectives & aligning our Core Capabilities, assembling and disseminating market intelligence
- Oversees all areas of business risk and ensure strategies exist to mitigate these as much as possible
- Ensures Tech Sales Reps understand customer’s needs and ensures products and services are marketed, positioned and understood by key decision makers in customer organizations.
- Responsible for responding to the Client Engagement Plan to enhance the profitability of the company through Weatherford provision of products and services to new & existing customers
- Proposes solutions to customers formally (through pitches, presentations & tender submissions) and informally through networks, relationships, discussions
- Responsible for relaying competitive information back to the appropriate PL stakeholders, inc: pricing, product performance, marketing material, activities, new products/technology etc.
- Responsible for developing specific client application value propositions
- Submit technical abstracts or articles to industry publications and/or WFT intercompany magazine.
- Maintains understanding of WFT tech. capabilities and service & effectively communicates PL to customers
- Participates in PL demonstrations and training to customers & internal stakeholders where appropriate
- Responsible for undertaking where appropriate contract closure meetings with the client in conjunction with the Account Manager & Tech Sales Rep
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies prov iding innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Strong technical knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry
∙ Management skills with ability to exercise initiative to resolve potential & actual problems
∙ Excellent communication skills
∙ Advanced computer and presentation skills with experience of delivering to internal and external clients
∙ Ability to understand and evaluate x-PL opportunities
Preferred: Minimum 5 years industry experience in a combination of field and onshore technical support roles, preferably 2 years of sales.