SENIOR HUB BUYER< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Plan, direct and lead Hub procurement activities. Duties include preparing and initiating invitation to bids to selected suppliers, negotiation, Purchase Order award, and Purchase Order close-out of equipment and services, including managing performance aspects of major Projects and Contracts. Works closely with the country procurement teams and regional sourcing leads
- Review planned orders to ensure Purchase Orders are created prior to commitment and approval process.
- Transmits approved purchase orders with appropriate supporting documents to Supplier and tracks acknowledgement by Supplier, confirm system Lead time, Delivery Date and Cost
- Transmits approved Purchase Orders to company’s internal manufacturing plants or other operating locations
- Maintains a list of all open internal and external orders and proactively expedites orders to ensure on time delivery
- Tracks supplier delivery date and communicate to internal customers any shortage/backlog report to provide visibility of any potential interruption.
- Reviews, updates and maintains Open Purchase Orders until closed.
- Reports Supplier non-conformances and prepares return documentation to Supplier with follow up until resolved
- Works with finance and Logistics colleagues to resolve reception and invoice discrepancies.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks
- Attempt to fulfill requisitions with existing inventory before looking at external supply options.
- Establish on-going training program for all procurement staff to ensure efficient use of JDE in the execution of day to day procurement activities throughout the region.
- Works with all relevant parties in the consolidation, reduction and rationalization of local supplier base
- Assists the procurement manager on the preparation of reporting and KPI measurement (e.g. savings report)
- Achieve cost improvement targets assigned by Manager. Identify and execute opportunities for procurement cost reduction and supplier performance improvement.
- Efficient utilization of company systems, tools and spreadsheets
- May interface with Product Line Managers to plan and prioritize purchasing activities to support the Product Lines Operation
- Ensures that the correct buy to pay matrix is consistently applied with regards to the use of Purchase Orders, P-Cards and Non-Purchase Orders
- Ensure adherence to Weatherford approved Supplier agreements/contracts
- Complies with all Weatherford Policy, Processes and Procedures applicable to the job function
- P2P Process Audit and compliance. Ensure procurement carried out in transparent, auditable and effective manner using WFT ERP with compliance to procurement policies.
- Keep Product lines, hemispheres, and management updated on critical issues. Monitor, Track, control and communicate critical issues across the globe from sourcing to delivery.
- Provide on-going rationalization of the procurement organization structure, personnel roles & responsibilities and management and product line reporting lines. Collaborate with General Product Line (PL) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) groups to optimize the balance of People, Processes and Technology (PPT)
- Serve as the single point of contact for Suppliers questions, leads supplier conference calls or meetings for the resolution or mitigation plans of key or critical issues to ensure alignment with project expectations.
- Interface with the local Account Payable personnel (SRT) to ensure that the entire procurement to pay (P2P) process is implemented fully and seamlessly at the local level
- Demonstrate knowledge of the foundations of Weatherford ERP systems
- Coordinate efforts of inter-company global sourcing teams focused on reducing cost through purchasing leverage, standardization, technology changes and market knowledge,
- Develop strategies for supply of operational requirements that maintain a balance between local and global leverage.
- Keep up with market supply chain trends and conditions (pricing, availability, lead-times, capacity, etc.) for finished goods and services.
- Conduct analysis and provide insight to help drive decisions throughout supply chain. Recommend Best practices & Lessons learned.
- Maintains the highest level of ethical and professional standards of conduct as established by Weatherford Compliance
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering, Business administration, Supply Chain, Materials Management, Logistics and distribution or equivalent. Systems Knowledge of JD Edwards and its functions
- Computer Literate. Excellent knowledge in working with Microsoft Excel and get results from complex data
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret market intelligence reports, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to effectively present information to management
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS