PROCUREMENT HUB BUYER< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Duties include preparing and initiating invitation to bids to selected suppliers, negotiation, Purchase Order award, and Purchase Order close-out of equipment and services, including managing performance aspects of major Projects and Contracts. Works closely with the country procurement teams and regional sourcing leads
- Review planned orders to ensure Purchase Orders are created prior to commitment and approval process
- Transmits approved purchase orders with appropriate supporting documents to Supplier and tracks acknowledgement by Supplier, confirm system Lead time, Delivery Date and Cost
- Transmits approved Purchase Orders to company’s internal manufacturing plants or other operating locations
- Maintains a list of all open internal and external orders and proactively expedites orders to ensure on time delivery
- Tracks supplier delivery date and communicate to internal customers any shortage/backlog report to provide visibility of any potential interruption
- Reviews, updates and maintains Open Purchase Orders until closed
- Reports Supplier non-conformances and prepares return documentation to Supplier with follow up until resolved
- Works with finance and Logistics colleagues to resolve reception and invoice discrepancies
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks
- Works with all relevant parties in the consolidation, reduction and rationalization of local supplier base
- Maintains the highest level of ethical and professional standards of conduct as established by Weatherford Compliance
- Assists the procurement manager on the preparation of reporting and KPI measurement (e.g. savings report)
- Achieve cost improvement targets assigned by Manager
- Efficient utilization of company systems, tools and spreadsheets
- May interface with Product Line Managers in order to plan and prioritize purchasing activities to support the Product Lines Operation
- Ensures that the correct buy to pay matrix is consistently applied with regards to the use of Purchase Orders, P-Cards and Non-Purchase Orders
- Ensure adherence to Weatherford approved Supplier agreements/contracts
- Complies with all Weatherford Policy, Processes and Procedures applicable to the job function
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company
- Bachelor in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent combination of higher degree and related experience (preferable but not mandatory)
- Experience in procurement, supply chain, planning, material management position.
- Advanced Excel user and proficient in MS Office suite.
- Ability to interact in English and at least one (preferably two) other European languages including Romanian, Italian, Dutch, German, Danish or French.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
- Strong understanding of procurement processes, industry and suppliers
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple open orders at the same time
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities
- Comprehends the industry and the marketplace
- Strong teamwork and basic leadership skills