THRU TUBING SERVICE SUPERVISOR< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Supervise the running of thru-tubing equipment and services on all conveyance methods especially on Hydraulic Work-over (Snubbing) Unit at height in excess of 120ft as well as on CT/SL/WL whilst conducting the work in a safe and professional manner. In addition, provide technical advice to onshore personnel to assist in forthcoming operations & client proposals.
- Understand the requirements of the proposed work scope.
- Liaise with the customer representative and confirm the objectives of the operation.
- Use Information gathered from the client pertinent to the job to prepare a technical proposal & where required commercial proposal to suit .
- All customer interfaces will be conducted in a proficient and professional manner.
- Attend pre-job meeting with operational manager prior to the job. Ensure full understanding of the requirements of the job and equipment to be used.
- Check all required information, data sheets; operating manuals are present and correct.
- Ensure all required personal protective equipment (PPE) is carried to location in compliance with regulations of the company platform/rig requirements.
- Check all equipment sent to location and ensures everything is accounted for by means of the load out schedule.
- Advise the company representative and base support personnel of any discrepancies.
- Check all equipment has been appropriately configured & serviced for the operation.
- Measure & record all bottom hole assembly (BHA) making note of lengths, OD’s, ID’s, ball seat sizes and any other configuration settings deemed appropriate prior to running equipment into the wellbore.
- Conduct risk assessments in conjunction with rig/platform QHSE requirements. Task based risk assessments will also be conducted to ascertain potential risks and implement controls to mitigate those potential risks.
- Make up BHA’s in accordance with the specification in the program and the direction of the company representative. Safe working practices are required throughout the rig up & rig down processes.
- Responsibilities include liaising with other operators & supervisors to ensure the program is adhered to and that operational circumstances do not exceed the parameters of the equipment. Good communication is paramount and needs to be maintained throughout.
- Once operations are complete, all work job packs related to the job must be completed and signed off by the company representative.
- Jobs must be entered into WPTS with all required inputs to ensure all important and mandatory information is captured.
- Attend a post job de-brief meeting with operational supervisor(s) and hand in all work pack documentation. Use this opportunity to report back any feedback regarding safety & equipment, client satisfaction and service delivery for the job.
- TT Competency Program to be actively pursued by the employee for continual improvement , pertaining to clearly demonstrating assembly and disassembly of TT tools pertinent to the designation level , i.e. SS1 , SS2 & GSS
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these
ESSENTIAL - Completed Senior High School Certificate
PREFERRED - Completed Degree/Diploma in Engineering discipline (Mechanical/Electrical/Petroleum)
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Good understanding of basic flow operated tools thru-tubing tools deployed via coiled tubing and/or jointed pipe
Substantial Knowledge of Thru Tubing Tools (both running and maintaining and limitations). Full knowledge is required of milling and fishing in most environments on coil.
Must be sales orientated and have a Commercial awareness.
Ability to work unsupervised in arduous remote conditions, and achieve quality results
Ability to asses which combinations of tools are likely to succeed in given environment
Excellent communication skills in English (read, write and verbal)
Strong Interpersonal skills
Excellent Computer literacy in MS Office Suite