Procurement Specialist< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
- The Purchasing Buyer or Procurement Specialist ensures items or services are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered upon agreed terms and conditions seeking maximum value for the company and its customers, including agreed time and cost. Responsible to effectively execute procurement activities on the full purchase-to-pay cycle for a project or series of projects. Primary objective is to reduce the cost of supply and meet demand requirements, business and quality specifications, and revenue goals. Adds value to the company through managing performance aspects of major contracts and supplier development. Successful Position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, work well in team, passion for customer service, effective at cross-functional teamwork, ability to interact with operations personnel on basic requests and ability work fast and on numerous requests simultaneously.
- Duties include preparing and initiating invitation to bids to selected suppliers, negotiation, Purchase Order award, and Purchase Order close-out of equipment and services, including managing performance aspects of major Projects and Contracts. Works closely with the Sourcing leads and network of Category Managers.
- Review planned orders to ensure Purchase Orders are created prior to commitment and approval process
- Transmits approved purchase orders with appropriate supporting documents to Supplier and tracks acknowledgement by Supplier, confirm system Lead time, Delivery Date and Cost
- Tracks with designated Supplier delivery date and communicate to internal customers any shortage, backlog report to provide visibility of any potential interruption
- Reviews, updates and maintains Open Purchase Orders until closed
- Reports Supplier non-conformances and prepares return documentation to Supplier with follow up until resolved
- Leads finance and Logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks
- Work with all relevant parties in the consolidation, reduction and rationalization of the local supplier base
- Serve as the single point of contact for Suppliers questions, leads supplier conference calls or meetings for the resolution or mitigation plans of key or critical issues to ensure alignment with project expectations.
- Maintains the highest level of ethical and professional standards of conduct as established by Weatherford Compliance
- Provides onboarding and training support, mentoring and development of team members
- May serve as a recognized expert on a specific category or categories of supply
- Assists the procurement manager on the preparation of reporting and KPI measurement (e.g. savings report)
- Achieve cost improvement targets assigned by Manager
- Efficient utilization of company systems, tools and spreadsheets
- Identifies common contract risk areas and advises program level business representatives
- Interfaces with Product Line Managers in order to plan and prioritize purchasing activities to support the Product Lines Operation
- Act as the focal contact person for all supply chain & finance initiatives at the district/ location
- Interface with the local Account Payable personnel to ensure that the entire procurement to pay (P2P) process is implemented fully and seamlessly at the local level
- Ensures that the correct buy to pay matrix is consistently applied with regards to the use of Purchase Orders, P-Cards and Non-Purchase Orders
- Ensure adherence to Weatherford approved Supplier agreements/contracts
- Complies with all Weatherford Policy, Processes and Procedures applicable to the job function
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company
- Bachelor in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience in procurement, supply chain, planning, material management position.
- Advanced Excel user and proficient in MS Office suite.
- Fluent in English and Spanish is a plus.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.