Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The Operator has obtained the necessary skills and knowledge in order to safely perform a variety of basic Wireline services. The expectation at this level is to perform tasks without direct supervision and with the occasional assistance of others. Duties and responsibilities include driving, servicing and maintaining tools and equipment, and assisting the Field Engineer with well site operations.
The employee has obtained the necessary skills and knowledge and is capable of working autonomously on tasks covering services in Open Hole and/or Cased Hole domains. Additionally, they should be contributing towards improvement of safe work practices, service quality and efficiency.
1DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
1.1Completion of all related competencies, proficiency and training required to successful reach this level, as detailed on Wireline Career Progression document.
1.2Utilize Wireline documentation, databases and other online training systems.
1.3Prepare tools and equipment, and complete paperwork requirements.
1.4Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance.
1.5Perform tasks associated with a typical Wireline job, which include planning and preparation, load-out and backload, rigging, clean-up and basic maintenance of tools, equipment and Wireline units.
1.6Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to assist basic wireline services at the location, which may include tools and equipment in some of the technology groups into Open Hole and/or Cased Hole domains.
1.7Perform Wireline cable tests and re-heads, and preventative maintenance.
1.8Demonstrate knowledge and ability to perform various Wireline functions including winch operation, basic depth control, and tension.
1.9Drive Weatherford vehicles as required to perform the job.
1.10Maintain equipment, facilities and work locations in a presentable and working condition.
1.11Maintain up-to-date practices and promptly report issues, hazards and best practices to the supervisor.
1.12Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
1.13Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
1.14Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
1.15Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Understand basic mathematics
- Understand basic principles of electricity
- Knowledge of windows based systems
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to communicate in native language
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s Licence with Hazardous Materials endorsement or equivalent
- Weatherford Safety Training as required
- Weatherford Wireline certificates for Radiation, Explosives and Pressure Control.
- Previous Wireline experience
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
- Available 24/7 with scheduled days off
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Ability to perform under time constraints
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment