QC INSPECTOR II< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Inspects and test materials received and products manufactured for/by Weatherford Manufacturing (WM) according to drawings and specifications under the guidelines of the WM Quality System and/or customer specifications. Documents and maintains quality records per the WM Quality Procedures and/or customer specifications or other requirements established by WM Management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Performs all tasks and skills of Inspector I.
- Inspection/acceptance/testing of parts received and/or manufactured under the requirements of the WeatherfordQuality system, special customer requirements, API Q-1, ISO 9001, etc.
- Maintain the quality control records.
- Insure the instruments and gauges being used are in good condition and calibration.
- Maintain professional relations with customers and Weatherford personnel.
- Plan inspection procedures for use in inspection routines.
- Assist production in the application of recognized industry quality principles.
- Perform miscellaneous product test from sales or engineering requirements.
- Assist in conducting required non-destructive examinations (Mag Particle, Die Pennetrant etc.) if necessary
- Conduct and report findings from product development testing/inspection as needed.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements and company policies of Weatherford.
- Know and understand Weatherford’s Enterprise Excellence Process and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- 3-5 years minimum experience with measuring and inspecting component parts.
- Competent understanding and ability to use precision measuring devices.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Good math skills.
- Excellent knowledge in reading standard blueprints/drawings.
- Proven experience in creating and maintaining quality control files.
- Working knowledge of products being manufactured.
- Ability to maintain and calibrate measuring equipment as required.
- Knowledge of GD&T and NCR reporting
- Ability to work with close tolerances
- API experience Q-1, ISO 9001
- Threading experience
- Welding experience and/or weld inspection experience a plus.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status