OPS. CONTROLLER< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Be responsible for the overall financial management and profitability of the Product Line within a GZ.
- Monitor the working capital within the Product Line.
- Understand inventory processes and days on hand, evaluate obsolescence provision adequacy.
- Ensure that operations within the GZ are conducted in compliance with local laws, including importation, license to operate, bidding requirements.
- Ensure that financial transactions are recorded in compliance with company policies and procedures and assist in internal/external audits.
- Apply Product Line specific accounting complexities such as cost and revenue recognition.
- Review all major tenders and contractual terms.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial Forecasts and Budget.
- Review the financial impact of new and existing investment opportunities.
- Support line managers to interpret and comprehend financial statements and principles, and advise and council line management.
- Complete monthly financial reviews and reports, and suggest corrective actions.
- Understand and comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Degree in Accounting, Economics or Administration.
- Minimum of 5-7 years acting in similar function of Controlling (preferably in Oil & Gas industry).
- Language Domain: English
- Other soft skills: Analytical Ability, proactivity, logical reasoning, initiative, business vision.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS