WORKSHOP TECHNICIAN - Tubular Running Services< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Service and maintain equipment to ensure that the operational requirements of all product lines/business units across both divisions are met in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist in preparing tool shipments.
- Ensure equipment is repaired and maintained in accordance with procedures and that all necessary paperwork is completed.
- Ensures calibrated equipment used in conjunction with workshop procedures is within calibration date ensuring compliance with Quality system. Advise Senior Workshop Technician or Workshop Supervisor of any equipment requiring calibration.
- Ensure in returning tools from customer
- Ensure repairing any faults reported by service technicians. Complete relevant fault sheet.
- Store tools safely and in such as way as to preserve condition.
- Maintain and clean workshop, tools, equipment.
- Assist with asset & inventory stock takes.
- Perform any other delegated duties considered appropriate to the post in order to maintain the efficient running of the department, or requested by Supervisor.
- Train new personnel as required whether it be service technician personnel, workshop technician personnel or abroad personnel.
- English Language: Has fully operational command of the language: appropriate, accurate and fluent with complete understanding.
- Recognized Degree Qualifications in Mechanical, Electronic, Petroleum engineering or relevant discipline.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office software.
- Fast learner, results oriented and independent with strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum 4 years experience as mechanic.
- Proven experience / External Qualification in Hydraulic / Fluid Power, Fluid Flow and Fluid Diagrams.
- Proven experience / External Qualification in Repairs to Electronic Control Systems and Electronic Hardware.
- Proven experience / External Qualification in Maintenance Program.
- Ability to work within process, procedures, and checklists.
- Good presentation, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to assist in resolving complex issues.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
- Ensure compliance with Weatherford, and where appropriate, Clients, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy, and Safety Management Systems.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of functionality and maintenance requirements of TRSPower Equipment, Bucking Units and Thread Monitoring Systems, Rig Systems Solutions Services and Total Depth Solutions Services as it applies to the assigned business segment.
- Participate in the review and improvements of Supporting QA/QC Documentation for Weatherford TRS Handling Equipment, Power Equipment and Electronic Control Systems for both Software and Hardware.