MANUFACTURING SPECIALIST II< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Ensure the development and implementation of optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards for multiple products and product lines at multiple facilities. Develop standard costs, manufacturing instructions, planning strategies, and unique identities for all parts under our purview
Must be a self-starter with good organizational skills.
Must be task oriented with a good ability to focus on details
Basic knowledge of databases and information retrieval including query languages.
Individual must be able to follow instructions.
Good verbal communication skills.
Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
Proficient at reading and understanding engineering drawings including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance practices.
Knowledge of raw material and chemical composition.
7+ years experience of related manufacturing experience
Diverse knowledge of manufacturing processes and products.
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
Must have good reading, writing and math skills.
Proficient typing and data entry and spreadsheet skills.
Advanced knowledge of manufacturing processes such as, work process development, and time and motion studies.
Knowledge of ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI, NACE, CSA, ATEX, codes and standards
Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field preferred.
Prior machining experience.
Experience with downhole tools and safety valves preferred.
Experience with statistical tools preferred.
Experience in CAD/CREO, ERP software preferred.
IPC-A-610 / IPC-A-620 / J-STD-001
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Know and understand Weatherford’s Enterprise Excellence Program and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Support and assist in the improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production scheduling, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and test and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Coordinate efforts associated with planning, procuring, installing and qualifying tooling, fixtures and equipment.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Lead/own CPARs(corrective and preventative actions), MOCs (Management of Change) to resolve production and customer issues
- Performs Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material.
- Develop standard costs and perform analysis on multiple product lines.
- Enter, maintain all part numbers, BOM’s, mfg. routers, and work orders, in JDE software and perform annual cost rolls to support manufacturing production.
- Process ECNs: analysis, approval, implementation, and communication of engineering change orders and parts releases.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional terms.
- Maintain clean and safe environment.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.