Account Manager- Production Automation and Software- Houston, TX< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
The Account Manager is responsible for the delivery of the annual revenue target agreed with their Sales VP/Director for their specific managed accounts. Through effective account management they are responsible for delivering an accurate revenue forecast based on the operational activity and expenditures planned by their customer(s). They will provide a detailed Account Plan, based on client expenditures & activities, (aligned with global & local sales and marketing strategies) which will be reviewed on a regular basis, quarterly as a minimum, to monitor performance and offer early indication of any potential revenue gaps that they will be accountable for addressing. Should the account be expanding, early indication of resources needed to capture additional market share will be required. The role is supported by Technical Sales resources within the Sales function to ensure the effective & efficient delivery of all sales processes including; support for client engagement opportunities, opportunity management, contract handover and management of contract review processes. Through liaison with their respective GBM’s they shall identify strategic business opportunities for introducing new technologies, products and services and bundling models to their customers.
They are accountable for retaining the customer base as well as identifying and successfully developing relations with new customers. They are accountable for understanding client needs and they are responsible for introducing the Weatherford portfolio of products and services across the customer matrix. Regularly conducted Business and/or Service Quality Reviews with their assigned customer should be incorporated into the Account Plan.
- Accountability is a Weatherford core values, is a Mindset and fundamental to delivering on your commitment. Asking “What more can I do” and focusing on activities which have a direct impact on results, is your accountability.
- Ownership of the Account Management life cycle process, start to finish, stepping up to deliver on your responsibilities, is ultimately your accountability.
- Your personal development and your development as a ONE WEATHERFORD employee is your accountability.
Role & Responsibilities:
Safety & Compliance
- Maintains safety and service quality as a first priorities when working across all areas of the business
- Upholds exemplary business principles in accordance with the FCPA and Weatherford overseas trade compliance policies, setting standards of behavior and performance
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all commercial activity is carried out ethically and in compliance with Co policies, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices
- Responsible for the Account Plan in SFDC, communicating the plan to all stakeholders, planning resources & activities to achieve the Plan’s annual performance
- Adopt and drive consistent & effective use of Technology (SFDC, XAIT-Porter)
- Oversee the tender development and response process, ensure all resources are available for highest quality tender submissions via the tender management process
- Accountable for addressing budget considerations for proposals as well as addressing technical specifications with the client in conjunction with technical sales
- In conjunction with Tech Sales and Sales VP/Director responsible for negotiations, inc; contract extensions ensuring SFDC is kept up to date as well as liaise with legal as necessary for drafting
- Assemble and disseminate market intelligence including gathering client feedback
- Develop and execute strategic plans to strengthen WFT Identity by understanding customer/industry key objectives & challenges -emphasizing and aligning our Core Capabilities
- Oversee all areas of business risk and ensure strategies exist to mitigate these as much as possible
- Once notified by client of results of the tender process the role is accountable for arranging a debrief in the event of a loss or advising key stakeholders in the event of a win including updating SFDC
- Accountable for arranging & facilitating a contract handover meeting with key stakeholders and generating a contract summary sheet
- Accountable for reviewing contract performance and that all relevant matters are brought before management
Client & Communication
- Learn and understand customer’s needs and tailors service offering to meet or exceed their requirements
- Accountable for developing the Client Engagement Plan to enhance the profitability of the company through expanding Weatherford provision of products and services to new and existing customers
- Delivers presentations to clients and participates in relevant industry forums/ marketing events
- Lead and manage client commercial arrangements to ensure best value and long term viability
- Manages clients expectations as well as problem job communication and agreement
- Accountable for communicating with the client whether the Company intends to participate in tender process
- Facilitates close of contract with key stakeholders and client
- Generates revenue targets through the account plans & has quarterly reviews with Sales VP/Dir
- Accountable for finalizing the Upsell Plan as per the bid strategy
- Accountable for action to identify and address revenue gaps for the year to ensure target achievement
- Evaluates sales opportunities via the Technical Sales personnel
- Ensure all Commercial processes are applied through TPMS to maximize efficiency of pricing & tendering
- Awareness of Company’s policies on performance management
- Undertakes necessary Sales and PL training to enhance their process excellence and ability to improve sales growth via x-PL opportunities
- Preferred: Degree educated in relevant oilfield or business discipline
- Entry level should have a minimum of 4 years industry experience in a combination of field and shore-based sales / technical support roles
- If not degree educated then candidates should have at least 7 years industry experience.
- If the candidate is new to the industry then they must be able to demonstrate at least 7 years successful sales background
- All candidates should be able to demonstrate that they are commercially astute and have a good understanding of tenders, contracts, negotiations, high margin / profitability achievement as well as the requirements for high quality customer service
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.