Accounting Manager Europe & Africa< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
You will build and lead the new GeoZone Europe & Africa Accounting department based at Weatherford, Ploiesti.
The Accounting Manager reports to Geozone Controller, and leads all day to day accounting operations. Responsibilities also include production of financial reports; proper maintenance of accounting records; accurate processing of financial transactions; and monitoring of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Responsibilities and duties
- Building and Leading the GeoZone Europe & Africa Accounting Department and working closely with Country / Area Finance Managers
- Maintaining and monitoring internal controls over GeoZone Accounting and ensure that such internal controls are consistent company policy. Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are communicated and monitored
- Oversee the AP function and move any AP activity not covered by WSC in India from the individual countries / areas to the Accounting Department as one GeoZone SOP
- Oversee the Cash & Bank function ad move any activity not covered by WSC in India to the Accounting Department as one standard GeoZone SOP
- Oversee General Accounting function and move any activity not covered by WSC in India to the Accounting Department as one standard GeoZone SOP
- Lead Consolidation efforts when field work needs to be consolidated and reviewed from the Finance Managers before going to Corporate as one submission
- Develop and Train staff to encourage low turnover through high morale and job satisfaction
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
Qualifications and required skills
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related qualification from college or university
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a multinational environment and Oil & Gas or Mining Industry, 10 years or more finance management may compensate for any lack of formal education
- Proven management experience
- Previous USGAAP reporting experience is advantageous
- General good IT knowledge and skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to motivate subordinates and team
- Exercise initiative to improve accounting routines and financial reporting
- Advanced English proficiency, oral and writing